When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2009 Tag Monaco LS

nicmoz81

:headhurt:

Got the email from TH yesterday and I just thought WTF? Truly an abomination. And I don't know which is worse...

The Hammer House of Horrors gimmicky "design" that possessed them to use FOUR different types of register (three of which were ripped from the SLR and Grand Carrera series) and cobbled together (using a stock movement) by some visually-impaired chimpanzee?

Or the truly cringeworthy (and IMO slightly distasteful) CGI-aided promo film that has that renowned Oscar-winning actor :rolleyes: and sometime F1 PR stooge Lewis Hamilton star alongside the late and great Steve McQueen. I mean, they even doctored Steve's famous two-fingered *ahem* salute, presumably based on some insane political correctness impulse - which would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

I may be a purist who loves the original 'Heuer' Monaco and is on the waiting list for the forthcoming classic c.11 re-edition, but that's not to say I don't appreciate modern "avant-garde" design when it is done well, such as the gorgeous and innovative V4 Monaco now getting on for 6 long years bogged down in production issues. Why not get a move on with that project, Babin, instead of producing god-awful horrors like this LS?

Anyway, rant over, I'll just leave it to (an original and non-bastardized) Steve to deliver my overall verdict on this watch....

mcqueensalute.gif