When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 Franken On The Bay

the collector

@Avitt, No worries i did not buy it. Wonder how much somebody offered the seller....

Real shame that the auction ended early as it was interesting to see where the bidding would have ended.

Anyways.... there is a new 6263 Franken on the bay, this one has a exotic black dial and in my opinion is much better looking than the previous one...

LINK: http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Vintage-Daytona-...tem220040025856

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think think that this guy's a loser. I think he sold the last one, and this is the next unit from his "production line"...

The bidding is already over $1000. If he has sufficient parts, he'll make $10's of thousands by selling these. Buyers will all know that the watches aren't genuine. They will get very nice replicas, at a price they're willing to pay.

Not a loser at all...

I live in sunny southern CA :sun: I don't have any relationship with this seller...Haven't ever knowingly sold him anything. (As I sometime also buy and sell vintage Daytona parts on eBay, he could actually be considered a competitor).

I just admire the guy's initiative. (Don't tell me you're not looking at that auction and saying "Man, I could do that, and pay for my entire replica collection in 2 weeks!")

I live in sunny southern CA :sun: I don't have any relationship with this seller...Haven't ever knowingly sold him anything. (As I sometime also buy and sell vintage Daytona parts on eBay, he could actually be considered a competitor).

I just admire the guy's initiative. (Don't tell me you're not looking at that auction and saying "Man, I could do that, and pay for my entire replica collection in 2 weeks!")

Man im jealous, i live in rainy london :cold:

Man im jealous, i live in rainy london :cold:

If it makes you feel any better, it's actually pretty cloudy and cool here right now. I was in the UK two weeks ago, and the weather was spectacular.

That dial is commonly available. You could order 10 of them tomorrow, and they would all look the same. I know that it is now possible to have a VJ72 rebuilt with the 727 engraved main plate and bridge. That's why I think that this guy is in full production.

He's providing more pictures than most genuine auctions. There's little question about what he's selling. He's just gaming the eBay system, which doesn't allow you to say outright that you're selling a rep.

this is not a second watch he is selling, it is the same watch, different auction was removed and now he updated his pics with proper movement pictures and is trying to sell it again.. I dont feel sorry for him one bit if this auction gets removed as well.

How convenient his last auction is missing all of the movement pics that were stated as being "HIGH GRADE MOVEMENT, VALJOUX 72, INGRAVED 727" and in this new auction he added new original looking movements

Original item number 330039620703

The Gevril uses a Swiss 7750 movt (or is it a 7753?). They used to be around for $800-850, maybe less on ebay. Originally sold for around $1500. The only thing that guy has going is the swiss movt.

On the original auction, it ended early because "the item was no longer available", meaning...??

this is not a second watch he is selling, it is the same watch, different auction was removed and now he updated his pics with proper movement pictures and is trying to sell it again.. I dont feel sorry for him one bit if this auction gets removed as well.

How convenient his last auction is missing all of the movement pics that were stated as being "HIGH GRADE MOVEMENT, VALJOUX 72, INGRAVED 727" and in this new auction he added new original looking movements

Original item number 330039620703

This may or may not be the same watch, but the original auction was not removed. When an auction is removed by eBay, it cannot be referenced. This auction was ended by the seller, probably bacause he sold the item outside of eBay.

Interesting stuff. Regarding gevril, it is actually an automatic ETA 2824, I think, coupled with dubois depraz unit on top of it. It possibly has the same subdial spacing (if he used a real dial???) and uses asymmetric pushers (they look that way on his photo). Quite an interesting idea how to build a 6263. The only thing I remember would spoil it is 20mm lug spacing. May be something else too?