When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

review of my first rep, Skyland Avenger Black Steel

nevikwen

Hi everyone,

Here is my first review on my first rep, The Breitling Avenger Skyland Black Steel.

Breitling AS Black steel

The exterior of the watch is beautiful, looks alot like the gen. It feels wonderful, the weight is nice and heavy. The lexture of the pro diver strap feel great and is very confitable to wear. The only down fall of the appearance is the lume dots. Like most other Skyland avenger reps, the lume dots aren't glued in place. and it doesnt glow very bright in the dark can hardly see it. I don't mind much about it tho not a big issue. I tried "activate" the lumes by shinning it with my super bright desk light. It worked and glowed much brighter but it only lasted about 5 min.

The movement on the other hand isn't working as great at all and is my major problem. At first when I unwrapped the package the watch was working good and very accurate, but I then realise the chronograph isnt working properly. The second hand moves as per usual however the two subdials at 12 and 6 doesnt work at all. I left the Chrono running for about 30 min. Subdials doesnt function properly.

The watch also stopped randomly while i was wearing it. I tried pulling the crown out and push it back in and then watch starts running perfectly again. However it stopped again later on, about 3 times it happened. This wasnt a big issue for me until this morning. The watch completely died. the watch stopped running completely and I could't get it running again no matter what I do.

I immediately emailed Hont (The seller)and as usual he immediately replied. He had some trouble explainning with his english so he asked me if I could speak chinese (i think he noticed i am asian because of my last name), and luckly I can speak alittle mandarin and so he made a phone call to my house and we had a talk. Very nice communication and very polite. He first apolozised for the problems and gave me some instructions on testing if the watch is really broken. It turned out that there is something wrong with the movement. He then offered me to send the watch back to him at his expense through DHL. He said he can probably fix the movement or replace a new movement, but he can not give me a new one as I have already wore it.

Um... what can I say? I know that many people have problems with the asian 7750, but the people I came across who owns this watch has no problems with it. I guess I am just very unlucky.

So overal, My first experience with replica wasn't very pleasant as the watch is broken.

Thank you for reading, I do appolozise if its too long to read and if its full of crap.

Here are some photos:

img1578j.jpg

I was kind of expecting the watch to be much bigger, i think its because of all the huge zoomed in photos on the forum its a little deceptive. So I took a photo comparing the size of the watch with my hand.

img1602h.jpg

Here you can see the lume dots are out of place

img1589lva.jpg

img1590d.jpg

img1593.jpg

img1594h.jpg

img1598l.jpg

Beautiful watch isnt it!? I love it and I can't wait to get it back working on my hand again

Hi everyone,

Here is my first review on my first rep, The Breitling Avenger Skyland Black Steel.

Thank you for reading, I do appolozise if its too long to read and if its full of crap.

Thank you for posting! This is a good explanation of your problem and your process to correct the problem. Good luck to you!

solid first post. let me be the first to say that we've all had problems with our reps. it's part of the game. but most dealers are very good at sorting it out. you'll have some bad experiences and you'll have some wonderful experiences ... that's just the way it goes. have fun and welcome to the board!

• 3 weeks later...