When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Volcano - Resurrection!

My AP ROO Volcano Secs@12 had just been given a new lease of life after a complete overhaul by my watchsmith.

I bought this at the end of 2008, and apart from some small common rep issues such as a noisy rotor and low power reserve, it otherwise runs fine and keeps pretty good time. But one day earlier this month, it stopped completely and I could never get it to run again, so off it goes to the workshop.

Two things that makes me very happy after the overhaul;

1) The rotor is much much more quite now! It used to make as much noise as my washing machine when I spin it around (OK, I know I exaggerated!! ) but before it was serviced I could hear the rotor spinning with the dreadful "grbrrrzzzzz"! It is now very quiet and the rotor could only be heard if I put it up close to my ear.

2) The power reserve is much better. It used to last for around 6 hours or less but it now able to run for more than 24 hours!

I'm very happy to see it running again. Here's a few shots after its return from the workshop.......enjoy the photos!

APROOVolcano3.jpg

APROOVolcano4.jpg

APROOVolcano1.jpg

APROOVolcano2.jpg

APROOVolcano.jpg

My Rubens Barrichello is on my wrist today

I'm wearing the AP Wempe today. Love the APs. The Safari is my next move. Had 2 different gens of it on my wrist this weekend. One AD wanted $14K and the other wanted $18K. The second AD had 2 Volcanos in stock as well. Sweet ride, that.

• 4 weeks later...