When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IE8

KB

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :black_eye:

Ok now I got that out of my system here's the prob...

I am running Vista but I use Google Chrome for most of my browsing.

So anyway I get a 'New Updates' message and download them.

When it's finished I find out it is IE8 and I think well that can't hurt so I install.

Well now with everything that I still used on Internet Explorer I get the 'Add ons disabled' message and I don't know how to fix it.

I have of course done a bit of searching on the net and many seem to be having the same prob, however the fix that is often suggested "Go into manage add ons etc" doesn't work for me as the programs affected are not on the add ons list.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Ken....you may want to try a couple of things:

# ensure you have admin status on the machine (or run IE8 as admin)

# Also....since you upgraded....sometimes the link gets screwed up. Try running ie from start>run>iexplore.exe

# In your manage addons screen make the option as "show all addons" (stupid suggestion this one :p )

Guest -Pegasus-
if you're not happy with IE8 you can also rollback to IE7 by going to your Control Panel and selecting the specific choice under Add/Remove Programs

i'd suggest dumping IE altogether and coming over to FireFox :)

+1000

I've been using FireFox since v2.0 ... never been happier, you can have it customized the way you like by adding some add-ons from the huge library they have, and also FF is a lot better when it comes to stability and security, and above all, it's probably the fastest browser out there, especially after V3.5 came out 2 days ago ... try it, you won't go back to IE.

Our Admin likes Opera too, before Chrome I always used Firefox but have been using IE since I updated my computer and got one running Vista.

When I set up Chrome I never got the 'Make default' message so literally IE is still the default on this computer.

Ken