When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pusher is stuck on my 3717... HELP!

seadweller3

You need to be specific as to what is stuck - the watch or the pusher or both?

In either case, at the very least, you will need to remove the caseback to see how the pusher components are functioning. Once the caseback is removed, you should be able to localize the problem.

You need to be specific as to what is stuck - the watch or the pusher or both?

In either case, at the very least, you will need to remove the caseback to see how the pusher components are functioning. Once the caseback is removed, you should be able to localize the problem.

The top chrono button is stuck (depressed) and did not pop back up after I pushed it in. I can pull it up a little but nowhere close to it's original position. The bottom button is fine. Perhaps the top pusher just needs a bit of lubricant? I dunno.

I am hoping to send to someone that know what he's doing as I do not profess to be able to work on these types of watches and this is my baby so I want to get it fixed ASAP.

Is there any risk to the movement if the chrono function is running for a day or two? :huh:

The top chrono button is stuck (depressed) and did not pop back up after I pushed it in. I can pull it up a little but nowhere close to it's original position. The bottom button is fine. Perhaps the top pusher just needs a bit of lubricant? I dunno.

The pusher could be damaged/defective. But, most likely, it just needs to be overhauled (cleaned & lubed). This is a very simple procedure (for a watchmaker), so you might peruse your local phone book for a rep-friendly watchmaker (I would phone & ask if they work on replica watches before making the trip).

Is there any risk to the movement if the chrono function is running for a day or two? :huh:

No.

it usually a mis-aligned movement ring causing this. often loosening the case back is enough to release the pusher but you'll need to remove the case back and make sure the ring is sitting properly to fix this permanently.

if you open the case back.. take out the movement and dial.. you will see tiny beads behind each pusher.. sounds like it's jammed with the pusher.. needle..

the 3717 is relatively easy but without experience a watchsmith is needed more than likely..

Sheeeesh,

If it came from dluddy, it was probably full of grease and crap :D

(Doesn't care for his watches at all that boy :rolleyes:)

In all seriousness, as others have said, it may be a misaligned movement retainer, snagging the pusher, or it could just be a build up of gunk on the pusher stem, or under the pusher crown.

Not a biggy to fix, although you may be better to get it to someone with the gear and knowledge to do the repair.

O/S