When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO Power Reserve

fcaap_dan

Bought a UPO from a RG member a few weeks back. It was a week old from Sead. Beautiful watch, couldn't be happier, but the power reserve on this thing sucks.

Granted, I'm not the most active person most days. How much winding could 8 hours of typing really give my UPO? So far in the past 3 weeks it's died over night about 3 times. If I don't wear it late and put it on early in the morning it will die. Today I forgot to put it on until just now, and it died at 8:40 am (I wore it until 6 pm or so last night).

Is it time to get it serviced or is this normal?

Guest tolis
Bought a UPO from a RG member a few weeks back. It was a week old from Sead. Beautiful watch, couldn't be happier, but the power reserve on this thing sucks.

Granted, I'm not the most active person most days. How much winding could 8 hours of typing really give my UPO? So far in the past 3 weeks it's died over night about 3 times. If I don't wear it late and put it on early in the morning it will die. Today I forgot to put it on until just now, and it died at 8:40 am (I wore it until 6 pm or so last night).

Is it time to get it serviced or is this normal?

i thing my friend its time to service your watch or look one watchmaker the movement!its happen to me in the past and i go the watch for service and now its all o.k!

How long does the watch run with a full wind? i.e. slowly and very carefully manually winding at around 40 turns?

I haven't tested it. I guess I could try that.

I'm trying to screw and unscrew the crown as little as possible until I get the funds to send it away to be modded with a gen crown/tube (and relume hands/dial/pearl).

I wasn't sure if normal wearing would charge it enough or not. Not that I've given it a good wind we'll see what happens. My last self-winding watch was in 3rd grade (as I recall, normal wear would charge it about 2 days - I was fascinated by how long it would take to die).

I agree, 19 hours is too low PR... but I've heard from the members that they have owned reps with such low PR for YEARS without any problems. The day/date 7750's are notorious to have the low PR.

Of course it's not ideal and not normal... there IS some kind of problem... but it doesn't necessarily mean that the watch is dying. I also had one 7750 with such low PR but it slowly got better and better. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...