When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speedmaster Moon Watch - Eddie Lee

redwatch

Hi Guys,

Got this quite some time ago, and finally have had a chance to shoot some pics for you. Some of you may recognize this one. I think it has been passed around a little bit! Reviewed by Bazz sometime ago.

This one has the correct hesalite domed crystal, frozen subdial at 6 o'clock, gen clasp, and gen closed caseback. Powered by a Seagull ST-19 manual movement.

Enjoy!!!

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

Oh man... that's a classic vintage rep. Maybe not super accurate by today's standards but solidly built high quality rep.

I had its "cousin", the white BA version. Technically identical with yours.

Article

Edit: I forgot that I owned this one too. It was the "reduced" version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, I can see why you would want to buy a gen! And the one you found is superb! It's such a great looking watch. Saw one the other day in a movie called "State of Play". Russell Crowe was wearing one on leather. Classic and functional!

:lol:, I also spotted the Speedmaster on his wrist in that movie!

I am in a Speedmaster-mode at the moment.. I have had a late sixties "Speedmaster Mark II" and the "reduced Speedmaster". The Mark II was stolen three years ago, and I sold the reduced. Some weeks ago, the police called to say that they had recovered some items which were stolen, but the Speedy was not among them. :( Then I realized that I really missed the Speedy. Then Pugwash posted the nice pictures of his recent purchase, and I started to see Speedmasters everywhere!

I rather like the "Mark-series" of the Speedmasters. The Mk III, Mk IV and Mk 4.5 have a more complicated movement and a calendar.. Just have to make a decision.

By the way, lovely rep you have. It is nice that the genunie caseback fits on the case. Wear it well!

I will live in the shadow of the; "....shoulda, woulda, coulda....' of this watch. I bought almost all my watches exclusively from Eddie until he bowed out. I always wanted this rep version but figured there was always time and concentrated too much on Rolex then.

Oh well, I've followed this piece through it's different hands of ownership, so to you too Red; "Nice watch!"