When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone into MTB? Some eyecandy.

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Today I took some pics, comparing two different approaches on the same subject - a fully suspended Scott bike based on Genius/Reflex frame geometry.

A "budget" take - Scott Reflex FX25:

43397616.jpg

29699061.jpg

34688086.jpg

And here it is a bit more "professional" - Scott Genius Limited:

51465458.jpg

97514414.jpg

84034715.jpg

Comparisons:

60545480.jpg

34347494.jpg

77786211.jpg

Details:

66133367.jpg

55498414.jpg

27605397.jpg

86344072.jpg

Same idea, same company... and is th eprice difference (which is quite substantial) really worth it... well it is up to youyr individual preference. Hope you enjoyed!

Thanks!

Lovely bikes, I m more of a commuter so I dont have suspension. XTR is the shimano group set I always go for, so the genius gets my vote. What year is the bike, the front crank seems to be XTR m960 ? My bike is a humble Specialized hardrock sport, except I ve changed every part to save weight. Funny how the need to fiddle with stuff sticks with you thru different hobbies :) Both great bikes tho !

Guest Sql_pl

Nice!

tYeah, XTR is the way to go... not that I am a pro rider - it is just that I need to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade :)

Reflex will be fitted with '09 XTR all around soon. Then maybe Tora will be replaced with SID or something... we will see as it is all $$$$$.

Genius is MY 2006, so most of the equipment is from 2006, only Magura Durin Fork, Mavic Wheels and Juicy Carbon brakes were added later.

Bikes are cool and I hope to loose some weight with help of everyday trips :)

I have been rolling on a cannondale for the past 5 years or so and the bike is absolutely bulletproof. Made in the US of A and it will take anything you can dish out.

I had Cannondale road bikes... Loved them! They and Klein were the early kings of big tube aluminum rides... Great stuff!

I've had some trouble (cough) with Avid and Mavic parts on my Kona and Marin. Most notably, exploded brake hoses and the spoke nipples torn out through the rims, leaving big gaping holes. Oh, and I'm on hardtail biles again... I've exploded too many rear shocks.

I've moved to Formula brakes and they seem bulletproof, and Bontrager Clyde rims. No more big gaping holes!