When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gold Royal Oaks From Paul!

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Looks like rep factories started to appreciate AP brand - after those SS Royal Oaks released recently now it looks like they started making them in Gold!

I am not really into gold watches but AP RO is one of the watches I would love in gold... so I guess I will have to get myself one to compliment my oldschool SS version!

103311-25737.jpg

103311-25738.jpg

103311-25739.jpg

103311-25740.jpg

Cheers!

Guest Sql_pl

Now tell me...

White or blue? White or blue?

103316-25732.jpg

103316-25733.jpg

There aren't too many flaws.... they filled the gap between A and P... too bad there is a step that Randy mentioned - between case and bracelet.....

Another vote for white.

I say black, since black is sportier to my eye--a black dial combined w/ the design of the RO makes this about as versitile of gold watch as you can get.

I assume this version sports the same flaws as discussed on the SS version--in addition to the lack of gold stamps on the back which I assume the gen has.

Still, if the plating on this is decent, it goes on the list.

Sorry to burst bubbles but I believe only the white dial is available for the all gold of the 14790.

This is one beautiful and elegant watch, the only all-gold I would wear. I tried one on at The HourGlass in Tokyo on Saturday and it looks great with a suit, the brushed YG makes it look classy instead of flashy.

The color does appear pretty close. On the TT's my issue is the gold datewheel. The gens all have gold background on the datewheels. I wonder if that can be fixed? ;) At least the all gold appears to have a white background datewheel. :)

Gens also have yellow gold bezel screws:

105656-25150.jpg105656-25151.jpg

105656-25152.jpg

Edited by Bravo