When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Choosing ingy, wich one?

Mrkampa

Hi, so i have desided that my next watch wil be an ingy!

I realy like the ingy crono, but i have heard that the asian 7750 movment is a bad movement? Also heard that its been upgraded and is now reliable?

If it so that the asian is not reliable i would buy the non crono first.

What would you IWC fans recommend?

I'm a fan of INGENIUER and I have them all for my collection.

3625020052_e11abc7036.jpg

All modded with AR crystal and lello's DW for the non chrono.

Guess I am lucky. Both chrono are still running well and keeping good time.

My recommendation is to go for fully modded non chrono INGY. It is so bloody close to the gen.

Good luck

Hi, so i have desided that my next watch wil be an ingy!

I realy like the ingy crono, but i have heard that the asian 7750 movment is a bad movement? Also heard that its been upgraded and is now reliable?

If it so that the asian is not reliable i would buy the non crono first.

What would you IWC fans recommend?

Personally, I prefer the AMG versions. I still have the steel one in the box from EL from way back when it first came out, still in the plastic untouched! Perhaps one of these days ;)

Anyway, the chrono version may be ok if you get it serviced... if you are into modding, you could get a genuine movement from Concepta.

I will probobly buy them both, but i dont want my first one to be a DOA, how mutch wil a gen movment from concepta cost me?

jitai- that ss crono loks so awsome in that picture! too bad i live miles away from the US so i will have to struggle to get an AR like that!

maybe i will go on an AR trip to the US next summer!

I will probobly buy them both, but i dont want my first one to be a DOA, how mutch wil a gen movment from concepta cost me?

jitai- that ss crono loks so awsome in that picture! too bad i live miles away from the US so i will have to struggle to get an AR like that!

Around $750 for IWC 79350, the movement used in a Ingenieur Chronograph or the AMG edition of the same.

I think if you have a watchsmith clean and oil the rep movement it should be good for some years to come..

If you're in EU, you could get one from Precious Time... he may cost a little more, but he QCs it and sends it out from within the EU. I'm not sure about Norway as it's outside the EU but I think there is some sort of free trade agreement? There are a lot of Norwegian members who will hopefully chime in. Precious Time also guarantees the watch for 2 months, I believe.

You can also get it serviced by a watchsmith like member Bricciola (in EU assuming that is ok for you customs-wise), who knows how to handle these movements and lubricate them properly. It may be an idea to get that done early on, unless you plan on a movement swap. Concepta has them for sale in the Trading Zone section of this forum, under Tools & Parts. Bricciola can also do that movement swap for you. I believe Bricciola is not taking any work until August as he will be off on holiday soon. Obviously, the most reliable movement in your watch will be the genuine one.

If you want the non-chrono, the ETA movement should be fine. I've had my AMG since it first came out, and it's still running fine. Someone like Eurotimez verifies that it is ETA (there are Asian copy movements too) and can ship from within EU. Precious Time can probably check it's authentic ETA as well - just ask him.

Hope that helps!

Yeah but i dont know any rep friendly watchsmiths in norway. but hey, that pice was pretty nice. but do these fit right in to the rep casing or do i need to get it modified?

Takashi has a genuine movement in his AMG and said it was fine, just that the hands may need modification. He has genuine hands on his ones which are of the same size as for an ETA 7750 movement. Bricciola can fix the hands when fitting them to the genuine movement, I believe.

If you're in EU, you could get one from Precious Time... he may cost a little more, but he QCs it and sends it out from within the EU. I'm not sure about Norway as it's outside the EU but I think there is some sort of free trade agreement? There are a lot of Norwegian members who will hopefully chime in. Precious Time also guarantees the watch for 2 months, I believe.

You can also get it serviced by a watchsmith like member Bricciola (in EU assuming that is ok for you customs-wise), who knows how to handle these movements and lubricate them properly. It may be an idea to get that done early on, unless you plan on a movement swap. Concepta has them for sale in the Trading Zone section of this forum, under Tools & Parts. Bricciola can also do that movement swap for you. I believe Bricciola is not taking any work until August as he will be off on holiday soon. Obviously, the most reliable movement in your watch will be the genuine one.

If you want the non-chrono, the ETA movement should be fine. I've had my AMG since it first came out, and it's still running fine. Someone like Eurotimez verifies that it is ETA (there are Asian copy movements too) and can ship from within EU. Precious Time can probably check it's authentic ETA as well - just ask him.

Hope that helps!

...maybe i should start deliver done frankens (with gen movement) :)

...maybe i should start deliver done frankens (with gen movement) :)

Good idea :tu:

Too bad for those of us who already have the reps :black_eye:

Guess it will be visit 101 then ;-)

Getting to Room 101 (if you know that show).

Really have to do this work, I want to leave by 9pm tonight!

We'll have to wait for Takashi. He's the real expert on IWCs.

I read on some posts the reps of these aren't so accurate so far. The only way they will be - once the case and dial issues are fixed - will be with your genuine movements, as they have clear case backs.

At the moment I prefer the "normal" AMG and SS versions that are great reps, but you never know, some watches grow on you. Do you like this one ?

Very much! Grown fond of ceramics!

Very much! Grown fond of ceramics!

Me too! I'm just not sure on this particular watch. Maybe, in the fullness of time, I will ;)

Perhaps a Zidane would be nice, and much more worthwhile with the genuine movement swap as it's a limited edition (I think), but as it's a closed caseback, you can get away with ETA :tu:

Do you have the Ingy 7 days power reserve movements (51113)? If they made a good version of that, that would be a great one "to franken".

Edited by Chronus

Well lets see B)

1235715621329232645.jpg

For me the second hand is too short, and the wrong shape and colour at the tip. The main lettering on the dial does not have a flattened area around the font, nor does the flattened area extend around the date window, which is in the wrong position by a mm or so. Of course the date font is wrong. The outer edges of the dial is printed way too thin, including the little ticks and circle marks.....

Not to mention the back of the watch, which has a display back showing the wrong movement.....

Not very accurate ;)

Well lets see B)

For me the second hand is too short, and the wrong shape and colour at the tip. The main lettering on the dial does not have a flattened area around the font, nor does the flattened area extend around the date window, which is in the wrong position by a mm or so. Of course the date font is wrong. The outer edges of the dial is printed way too thin, including the little ticks and circle marks.....

Not to mention the back of the watch, which has a display back showing the wrong movement.....

Not very accurate ;)

With the date window slightly out, the genuine movement won't look so good :mellow: