When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PIle of repairs is erm piling up - Need a good UK smithy

Hi all

My to be fixed list is getting bigger and the guy I usually use is becoming unreliable so I need a helping paw. Anyone suggest a reliable and not silly expensive watch smith? Most of them are silly things like knocked out balance wheels and dropped of hands so nothing that could be charged excessively. I currently have about 7 wtches all in need of a variety of gently work.

Suggestions? :mellow:

There's a guy based in germany that has been talked about on here recently, there's a really long thread on it, but I can't for the life of me think of his name now! lol

He has been rated as good and I don't think you'd have too many problems if you shipped to Germany from the UK, although personally I'd split into 3 or 4 packages, just in case...

Bricciola is in Germany. :thumbs:

Tomhighway is in the UK but I don't know him, I think he was on RC before and has his own section here, so is probably reliable :tu:

There is a new guy in the UK, I seen a thread about him just the other week. He used to work as a watchmaker for Omega, then went solo. His CV sounds pretty impressive.

I'm buggered if I can remember his name right now though. Try searching for it, it wasn't all that long ago, both Ken and I think Offshore both were happy with him being on the board, but were not endorsing him!! *important point*.

Man I wish I could remember his name, I'll have a shufty around and see if I can dig the thread up again for you bud!

Sixx :bones:

HA, found the bugger!! No offense Michael!!

Here you go mate, link to his intro onto the board! Think this guy could be pretty busy if he is as good as it seems!!

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=87402

there is a post about this guy somewhere on the forum...to stay away as far as possible!

here you go :

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=97215&hl=

Edited by dadog13

There's a guy based in germany that has been talked about on here recently, there's a really long thread on it, but I can't for the life of me think of his name now! lol

He has been rated as good and I don't think you'd have too many problems if you shipped to Germany from the UK, although personally I'd split into 3 or 4 packages, just in case...

here is the link to the post :

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;hl=domenico

Good shout Dog, sorry guys, never heard the neg feedback he had been given.

Domi in Germany is very good, I spoke to him before he went on vacation about sending a few pieces his way. It looks like he is going to be our best bet for a good while, or until FXRAndy finishes his training!! ;)