When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Spotted a Rep Speedmaster in a boutique store

mad dawg

I just happened to be window shopping in a boutique dealer of high end watches, this dealer also sells secondhand/used high end watches, when I spotted a used Speedmaster with incorrect sub dial spacing (and the accent missing from the E in TACHYMETRE). The ask price is USD1500 ! Just to be sure, I quickly checked a nearby VERY reputable dealer and confirmed the subdials are too far apart.

Should I say something to the boutique dealer OR should I mind my own business?

What would you do?

MD

Call the media and have the guy exposed. Even if it was an honest mistake we all have to take responsibilty for our actions. His placing of the watch for sale is an attack on every possible purchaser. Including yourself. He has attacked you. Take it personally and demand the justice that you are due.

Well you could just tell him..

Call the media and have the guy exposed. Even if it was an honest mistake we all have to take responsibilty for our actions. His placing of the watch for sale is an attack on every possible purchaser. Including yourself. He has attacked you. Take it personally and demand the justice that you are due.

LOL? :D

Funny yea, I'm always funny. But that does not change the fact that we are surrounded by ignorants. It would be good for ones self esteem to be able to kick a jeweler in the teeth, so to speak in order to help him become more educated about his business.

A lot of people give jewelry store / watch merchant employees WAY too much credit. Do you think people who work at McDonalds can name every kind of cow from memory? They are everyday slobs who work for a meager base salary plus commission then go out every Friday night and get drunk / laid, just like every other underpaid 20-something or 30-something who's made a LOT of bad life choices in the Universe. Their sole talent is being good at making you buy something you are unsure you want. That's a salesman.

People here are watch geeks. Like certain people are Star Trek geeks. Even people who were IN Star Trek don't know more about the show than ST geeks ... you are the ST geek of the watch universe.

Anyways, I called the owner up on the telephone and told him my observation.

His reaction was a bit too cool. So I will drop in next week and see the Speedy is still there.

THANKS RWG FOR TEACHING ME HOW TO SPOT A REP

MD