When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTB 1680 Help & Advice

leograye

I have a hankering to get a Single Red version of this classic Rolex.

Has anyone purchased a Eurotimez version- what are your thoughts. ??

Also the Dial looks wrong to me and I notice a few members mention "pho"

Please explain is this a supplier or correct version Dial.

Many thanks for any help & assistance with this purchase

I wanted to spend $400 -$500 is this achievable. ??

Read the post by Cats- you can do the search- he bought a recent MBW 1680 and had a tough time with it. Apparently they're not as good as they used to be- the quality has been compromised.

The dials are the weak point for the Red subs- you're probably better off getting a white Sub, at least the dial is more presentable.

leograye alligoat is right.

If you want a 1680 with a acceptable out of the box dial go for a white one.

I changed mine after 2 months from red to white.

But more important is that you try to find a "old school " MBW.

I've seen some going around lately , try the sales section. ( i think Rosnik has an old school for sale )

The new MBW's are a big disappointment and certainly not the quality as they used to be.

Not only the dial is poor but also the bezel construction doesn't work properly and mine came with a cheap ETA copie which caused a lot of problems when you want to change hands.

And the MOST important part is buy a MBW from a person who knows what he's selling and know's the difference between the old school and the new MWW

( Maria's Worst Watch )

Carpe Diem

Cats

I found the modern MBK to be better than the noobmariner BUT still a little sloppy compared to the precieved reputation on this board. my specific copy from eurotimez 16610: the crown gaurds were not even in size and the tube was installed at a slight angle. Also the whole bezel ring being too short makes installing a gen insert a pain in the ass as the crystal is too tall and the retaining ring pushes it out if its not shaved, once you do this the crystal is REALLY TOO tall. My route for cases from here on out, TW/WM9. Trying to find a 16610 with lugholes tho, is either Euromariner V3(MBK with stated problems) OR drill virgin holes your self (a big pain in the ass and too easy to screw up your case, i know first hand) as for a 1680 tho. what choice do you have? get a case from eurotimez or try and track down an oldschool MBK. there's nothing better in that price range.

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee