When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just received my new ETz DSSDv5 .......

Jkay

AND I AM IN LOVE!!!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It has the ETA option, and I have to say that this is the first smooth sweep second hand I've owned since I was a child, before the popularity of Quartz killed all that.

All it needs, as far as I can see right now, is two links pulled for the size of my wrist and the dry lube bike chain mod for the wristband to make it buttery smooth. It's good now but it'll be GREAT!

Wristies and macros to follow as soon as I stop jumping for joy.

With the problems Chris experienced concerning his QC staff, and the delays incurred by his own move from location to location it took a month to receive but the wait was well worth it. I see that as promised, he corrected the poor Pearl that the V5 initially came (it is paper white) with and re-swaged the crown on the clasp after finding many coming from the factory with loose crown emblems. HERE'S TO good Collector QC !!!! WOOO HOOOO!!

Eurotimez = :1a: to me.

I used to be a Tech, so I dug out my micro screwdriver set and popped out a link from each side just now to fit it perfectly to my wrist. Better and Better!!

Where's the smiley man animation which represents a full Iowa Class BB broadside?? ;)

This watch =

470px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg

48 hours after receiving this, and a quick update ... it's running 15 seconds fast a day (which Ziggy's guide says is perfectly fine), as it arrived with (what I hope is) an actual ETA movement.

Troubles? The date switches over slowly (instead of instantly) beginning at 6pm and finishes at 8pm ... I've spoken to Chris and he's offered to take it back if I ship it .. frankly, I might just wait 'til Ziggy is back from vacation and send it to him for a tear down, service and re-lume.

berti: The lume it comes with is blue but it's also "standard" replica lume ... weak. When Gioarmani reviewed this piece, he also Superluminova'd it .. and it's brilliant.

Regarding the date setting ... I would imagine that the hour hand was not set to the movement properly by the assembly line guy ;)

I'll post photos soon .. I astually misplaced my camera until this evening .. it was in my sock drawer for some reason LOL If you want to see beautiful photos NOW, just look at Gioarmani's awesome review here.

Regarding the date setting ... I would imagine that the hour hand was not set to the movement properly by the assembly line guy ;)

It's one thing for the hand setting to be inaccurate and the date change to occur outside of the 10 mins, 5 either side of 0/12:00, but not only is way off kilter, I'd be very concerned as to why an ETA 28xx movement was taking two hours to change. It's not a 7750, and should 'snap' over immediately. Sounds like there's some date mechanism or dial clearance issues to deal with here.

an other proof that there is sadly

NO quality control at Eurotimes ..... <_<

cheers,

Frank

i hate to say it but ure right, i mean cmoon QC la la la ... things like that everyone can spot if just someone would put the watch in time setting position and rotated the crown full 24h... :rolleyes:

LAZ

an other proof that there is sadly

NO quality control at Eurotimes ..... <_<

Untrue. They had all the pearls for these DSSD units remanufactured to match the markers and fixed all the loose clasp logos.

edit: Here's the photo I've been promising

dsc066262.jpg

Uh oh !

This doesnt look god for me, I have ordered my first rep (ExpII) from EuroT'z, on the 10th.. It is now in QC stage and has been for the past 3 days...

How long does it usually take? do you think the watch will arrive before friday coming up?

U kiddin?

I have been waiting 6 weeks...

Haha ...I knew it took a while for 'QC' but didnt expect it to be that long

At the end of last month, Chris fired his QC crew. They were taking his money and not doing much in return. That's probably the delay. He had to get new people and set up his new QC operation from scratch.