When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 loud rotar sound when shaken

P_Diddy

Hi,

I got a question about the Asian 7750 movement:

I can hear the rotor spinning quite clearly in the Asian 7750 movement inside my rep Ebel 1911 Discovery chrono.

If I hold the watch in my palm, face up and then shake it from side to side it makes a louder noise as the rotor spins,

the nearest analogy would be the sound of loud cymbals crashing. The loud noise disappears when I stop the shaking the rep.

The rep runs well and keeps time and is quiet normally. IS THIS NORMAL for the A7750 movement?

Do you get this happening with the Swiss ETA 7750 movement or even to the gen Ebel 1911 Chrono?

Cheers

PD

Hmmmmmmm. My Fortis and my Sector each have Swiss 7750s and I can hear the rotor thrashing about inside when I wear it, and if I shake it like you describe I can hear it louder. But it's only like a SHWIRR SHWIRR Shwirr shwirr wirr wirr wirr sound as it slows down, not cymbals crashing.

Mine, I can chalk up to sleazy bearings in the rotors. Yours sounds like it's that, plus maybe hitting the plate or caseback too?

"cymbals" is an over exaggeration :p

your description is more accurate.

are both your watches gen? I'm wondering if the gen Ebel which uses a Swiss ETA 7750 suffers this same problem.

what do you mean by "sleazy bearings in the rotors" - can this be rectified by a routine servicing?

Hmmmmmmm. My Fortis and my Sector each have Swiss 7750s and I can hear the rotor thrashing about inside when I wear it, and if I shake it like you describe I can hear it louder. But it's only like a SHWIRR SHWIRR Shwirr shwirr wirr wirr wirr sound as it slows down, not cymbals crashing.

Mine, I can chalk up to sleazy bearings in the rotors. Yours sounds like it's that, plus maybe hitting the plate or caseback too?

If you do a search on 7750, you'll find a lot of people complained about this. Some also notice a vibration coming from the watch occasionally - personally I like it when this happens :D

I also believe there is a thread that tells you how one small drop of high temp grease can cure this - I think it may have been posted by The Zigmeister.