When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Polishing Stainless Steel

Rolexman

This is just for high polished SS. You don't need a Dremel or other fancy equipment. My method is idiot proof and can't go wrong. Just remember to mask/tape the brusched parts of the watch or else they will become shiny to.

WASH THE WATCH AND MAKE SURE IT IS CLEAN BEFORE YOU START!.......

STEP 1: Use some copper cleaner to get rid of all the deep scratches. I use Hagerty copper polish (Commandant cleaner nr. 7 , Flitz, or Brasso will also do just fine). Use a clean cotton cloth (old T-shirt).

STEP 2: Then use a CAPE COD cloth to get that high luster finish without all the nasty polishing scratches and swirls.

STEP 3: Use a soft and clean fiber optic cloth to buff.

If you want to get the scratches out from the BRUSHED parts use the Titanium & Steel Refinishing Pen. (Click on the link for before & after PICS AND VIDEOS). Remember to brush in only ONE direction. First try it with little pressure, if the scratches won't come out press a little harder but ALWAYS brush in one direction

Ordering from the Watch Boys was very pleasant and fast.

After polishing wit Brasso:

7028-5503.jpg

After polishing with CapeCod

7028-5504.jpg

Edited by TwoTone

This is just for high polished SS. You don't need a Dremel or other fancy equipment. My method is idiot proof and can't go wrong. Just remember to mask/tape the brusched parts of the watch or else they will become shiny to.

WASH THE WATCH AND MAKE SURE IT IS CLEAN BEFORE YOU START!.......

STEP 1: Use some copper cleaner to get rid of all the deep scratches. I use Hagerty copper polish (Commandant cleaner nr. 7 , Flitz, or Brasso will also do just fine). Use a clean cotton cloth (old T-shirt).

STEP 2: Then use a CAPE COD cloth to get that high luster finish without all the nasty polishing scratches and swirls.

STEP 3: Use a soft and clean fiber optic cloth to buff.

If you want to get the scratches out from the BRUSHED parts use the Titanium & Steel Refinishing Pen. (Click on the link for before & after PICS AND VIDEOS). Remember to brush in only ONE direction. First try it with little pressure, if the scratches won't come out press a little harder but ALWAYS brush in one direction

Ordering from the Watch Boys was very pleasant and fast.

After polishing wit Brasso:

9099-5156.jpg

After polishing with CapeCod

9099-5157.jpg

he friend

How you remove scratches from mineral glass??

art

Try a copper polish. I use 'Hagerty' copper polish (available at Makro for example). Use a swirly motion to polish (in circles). You could also use some 'displex' which is used to remove scratches from mobile phone displays (available at Belcompany).

The glass has to mineral based.. sapphire is too hard to polish.

Edited by Rolexman

Here is my technique for S/S like Rolodex's:

1) Blue Magic Metal Polishing Cream to remove initial thick oxidation

2) Wash off with soap, water and toothbrush

3) Dremel with felt polishing wheel and green rouge all surfaces

4) Wash off with soap, water and toothbrush

5) Apply silicon spray lubricant and soak overnight in zip lock bag

6) Pat dry, do not wash lubricant off

7) Cape Cod cloth polish

8) Wipe off well with clean, dry towel

9) Reassemble bracelet on watch

10) Final polishing with Jewelers red rouge cloth

This gives me the best long lasting shine to the metal.

Other techniques I have used never seemed to keep the shine very long.

I also do the watch case with Dremel and green rouge, followed by Cape Cod, cleaning and red rouge cloth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Now do you think i can do this with the new pam24 bezel. It's brushed when it comes from ed. But i would love to have it polished...

An old thread--but a high class shine never goes out of style. To polish out brushing I'd invest in a dremel. Use one of the felt tips w/ green polish then continue as per JJFlash's directions.

can you buy these things from a hardware store? or what kind of stores sells these products? i think i should stop using the internet to shop these days other than watches itself :S i've spent more than 1000 this month alone

It would appear that the Board has done you right...

Maybe you could try upgrading your membership since you have all that extra surplus...

TT

It would appear that the Board has done you right...

Maybe you could try upgrading your membership since you have all that extra surplus...

TT

lol yeah.. i keep thinking about that.. i would love to upgrade my membership to vip but theres only 1 concern that i have.. i myself don't own a credit card.. therefore i would have to use someone else's paypal account.. the only person that have a paypal account that i normally use is my gf's!! and she is getting really [censored] off at me wasting my money.. so i need to find a way how i can try and get this VIP membership! its really killing me because i want the vip membership! dw one day ill convince her :)