When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New pair of shoes for my 3789

z3k0

Thanks guys, I've been looking for strap for TG that will work for me for long time - till I've found this. I got idea from lani and his red stitched strap - thanks mate, hope you are getting better.

I got it from my local supplier, he distributes watchmaker supplies, and has a strap maker he works with. After few months of my begging, he ordered for me one batch of BP style straps from his strap maker. This one was with white stitch, and I got it restitched to red. Unfortunately there are no any more straps left from this batch, I just bought last one recently for friend of mine (also member here).

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Z3Ko - Really liked your strap, and was a bit bored by the nylon one mine came with, don't have your contacts so:

Took an old (battered and well used) leather 3717 strap I had kicking about in my parts drawer.

iwcstrapstarter.jpg

Got me some red saddle thread and some leather needles:

redthreadedstrap01.jpg

Careful putting it on:

redthreadedstrap02.jpg

Has The IWC Buckle:

redthreadedstrap03.jpg

It's better than the nylon I think. Still has some wax on the inside which will scrape off after a few days.

redthreadedstrap07.jpg

First go at doing this, amazed how little time it took - about forty minutes from start to finish:

redthreadedstrap08.jpg

Only trouble is - last night I let Mademoiselle Mitton (my better half) try it on and I think It is going to be nicked...

redthreadedstrap05.jpg

Anyway thanks for the inspiration!