When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1655 with ETA 2836-2 Movement

redwatch

Hi Guru's,

So when I go to quick set my date on the 2836-2, I pull the crown out to position 1 and turn it to set the date. When I push it back in to wind the crown onto the tube, the date continues to set by one more day. Is this a common issue and can it be repaired? It is proving very difficult to set the date accurately! :Jumpy:

Yes, if I just unscrew the crown and leave it in that position I can manually wind the watch. If I pull it all the way out, I can set the time and the date flips over at midnight quite nicely. If I push it in one click, I can set the date by turning it upwards towards the top of the watch. If I turn it the other way, towards the bottom of the watch, I can manually set the GMT hand (it goes counter-clockwise). If I push it in one more time and line it up to start screwing the crown down, the date wheel turns one day before letting go and just being manual wind again.

Easy fix is to set the date one day in the past :D

No serious if you ask me , but i'm certainly no expert , it's something with the lenght of the stem.

Not to upset you but problems with date shifting after pushing in the crown occurs a lot with ETA copies that i got.

Let's wait what Zig,Freddy,Tribal etc. has to say on this issue.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Easy fix is to set the date one day in the past :D

No serious if you ask me , but i'm certainly no expert , it's something with the lenght of the stem.

Not to upset you but problems with date shifting after pushing in the crown occurs a lot with ETA copies that i got.

Let's wait what Zig,Freddy,Tribal etc. has to say on this issue.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Funny you should say that because that is exactly what I have been doing. Set one day short and then as I turn the crown back in it turns over one more day. Of course, it doesn't do this every time either, so more often than not, I have to try to set the date several times before it is set right. I think in the interim, I may break down and buy a watch winder just for this guy so I don't have to worry about it too often (only in months when there are only 30 days!)

I would agree with Cats, I think the stem might be too short. I'm having the same problem on a clone 2836. Just have'nt gotten around to taking it apart- otherwise the watch keeps good time, but I don't wear it that much- just when I'm doing dirty jobs and don't want to tear up a good watch!