When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Q about gen crystal swap on UPO

jdkno

Last night I swapped out my rep crystal for the gen crystal on my UPO. I know there is a white ring (not sure of the correct term) on the rep crystal which stayed in the case when I removed the rep crystal. All I did was put the gen crystal on the case and pressed it in. Now I am wondering was I supposed to take the white plastic ring out and put it onto the crystal before I pressed the new one in or is the way I did it ok?

Last night I swapped out my rep crystal for the gen crystal on my UPO. I know there is a white ring (not sure of the correct term) on the rep crystal which stayed in the case when I removed the rep crystal. All I did was put the gen crystal on the case and pressed it in. Now I am wondering was I supposed to take the white plastic ring out and put it onto the crystal before I pressed the new one in or is the way I did it ok?

retaining ring stays in the case and you press the crystal into it.

Thanks guys. That puts my mind at ease. I was thinking I did it wrong as the gen crystal went in alot easier than I thought it would.

On a side note the gen crystal does wonders for the watch. It is night and day I can't stop looking at it. I know chief's AR makes the crystal dissapear but I love the indago hue the gen crystal throws onto the dial. It really makes the dial pop.

Thanks guys. That puts my mind at ease. I was thinking I did it wrong as the gen crystal went in alot easier than I thought it would.

On a side note the gen crystal does wonders for the watch. It is night and day I can't stop looking at it. I know chief's AR makes the crystal dissapear but I love the indago hue the gen crystal throws onto the dial. It really makes the dial pop.

P I C S

P L E A S E !