When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing the date function from a movement...

Hello all, I've done quite a bit of searching both here and on the web but I can't find any useful info so I thought I'd throw it over to some of the experts on the forum!

I would like to remove the date function from a movement as it will be used in a no-date watch. Is there any way of making it so that it only has one "click" when the crown/stem is pulled out?(rather than 1st click for date, 2nd for time setting)

I am going to be using a 4813 as I want the 28800 bph, so alternatively is there a movement that offers the smooth sweep with auto and no date?!

TIA ^_^

Hello all, I've done quite a bit of searching both here and on the web but I can't find any useful info so I thought I'd throw it over to some of the experts on the forum!

I would like to remove the date function from a movement as it will be used in a no-date watch. Is there any way of making it so that it only has one "click" when the crown/stem is pulled out?(rather than 1st click for date, 2nd for time setting)

I am going to be using a 4813 as I want the 28800 bph, so alternatively is there a movement that offers the smooth sweep with auto and no date?!

TIA ^_^

I think this this mod may be possible.... but very difficult.

Red arrow in next figure shows that there is a pin that engages in an arm with three postions / holes (winding, date, set time). If you can eliminate the central position (where red arrows points to) the mod is done. But...how?

quitarfecha.jpg

The picture is for a 7750.

Francisco

TIA ^_^

Really not worth the hassle.