When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT Ceramic movement problem...

millemiglia

Hi Everyone,

A couple of months ago I received a GMT ceramic from Josh, the movement arrived with its oscillating mass (the rotor, the thing already detached and loose inside the watch case.

I manged to open the watch and place it back but it keeps falling off!

I am tempted to use a needle and just "dirty up" (oh so slightly) the internal ring of the loose part with just a tiny bit of glue (as I said just an ultra slim layer).

Do you think it will work? Or what would you suggest instead?

Thank you all for the help!! :notworthy:

Additional Infos:

Initially a Tryed to open it with the Bergeon to tool, but the biggest one (29.5) wouldn't fit properly (Ceramic's back is slightly bigger), so I went to a watch smith and he used a weird tool I never seen (it adapts to any case) and we opened it up.

The movement is the Asian 2836-2 and we could simply put the rotor back by pressing with our fingers. It seemed fine, I scrolled the watch violently to see if it would fall off, but it didn't so we closed the thing and all was fine and dandy for around 3 weeks after which, it fell off again and so we did it again.

This is the third times it falls though.

I have to bring the watch to him in order to open it and take some pictures, but since he's far from me, I can go next week.

In the mean time if someone wants to suggest solutions, they are certainly welcome! :)