When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

End of week Wrist check:

hiker01

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, First time post with pics, so i figured I'd make it interesting...

If you like vintage rolex big crown, and comex subs..here' something you don't see everyday..

I'm Wearing my Recently modded RXW Pro-lex comex 1000gauss big crown sub. (phew, that was a mouth full)

IMG_2420_1.jpg

IMG_2403-1.jpg

IMG_2401-1.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics ;-)

cheers

John

Today's obviously a day for new beginnings and rejuvination, so I guess it's only appropriate that I finished my project sub, and am happily wearing it :)

It started off as a vintage Sub from Silix, and has undergone 'a few changes'...

Case and bracelet have been 'hand aged'. (Hopefully looking between 30-50 years old overall)

Crystal has been re-epoxied into place for renewed water resistance.

New (3rd) bezel insert (sanded edges and bleached for 60 seconds).

New movement (old movement was okay, but a bit 'twitchy' on hand-winding, and the new movement had a clearer date-font, so it made sense to swap)

New dial (baked for 60 seconds, and text colored)

New Millitary-issue case-back (slightly scuffed to blend with the rest of the watch's appearance)

Bracelet built from assorted parts to fit the case (original bracelet only fitted with very bent springbars)

Original 'factory vintage' hands.

So here it is, probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm very happy with the results. Future work to include a new coin-edge bezel :)

DSCN1613.jpg

DSCN1611.jpg

VintageSub.jpg

Questions and comments are always welcomed :)