When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Snowflake Indulgence : Tudor 94010

Pre V

P1010040.jpg

Indulgence? This Friday morning saw the arrival of my latest acquisition --- A Tudor 94010 "Snowflake" Submariner, and it has spelled out the meaning of what Goodness means on a Friday (TGIF).

This acquisition was a chance that I knew if I had a miss, this beauty would have landed up on someone's wrist in no time. After researching for quite sometime now, from my prior 68' 7021 Snowflake, I knew that these Tudors were getting rarer as the seconds tick by.

The genuine fever is no doubt boiling within me, what more to satisfy than Vintages Snowflakes? Eversince Ubi's post on his beloved Tudor collection and Lani's amazing pieces were splashing all over the RWG pages, I knew I had been bitten.

Eversince my 7021, I was on the hunt for a 5513 Matte dial or a 1675. While these were quite obtainable, I was on the verge of going for a 5513 when an email came in, asking if I was interested in his 94010. No date, tritium dials and hands, and in overall good minty condition --- all these exude the flavours of a "Tool Watch". It was a marriage, a sequel, a proposition to quench my "snowflake" thirst, abeit knowing that this will be a temporary state till I find my next bottle of "gen-water".

So I said "Yes"! There was no way I was going to miss out on this one, and having strapped a Kangaroo-hide Nato strap on this vintage historical 94010, it was a treat --- a sensation beyond encumbered words.

Engravings of the serial and model numbers are deep and crystal clear. The plexi glass is in decent shape, with the usual inevitable surface scratches. No apparent dings on the case. Tritium hands and indices on the dial match. All these signs guiding me to my present elevation.

This 94010 will be strapped on for a long time in the coming weeks, as I savour every second of "her".

P1010046.jpg

P1010046a.jpg

P1010044.jpg

P1010038.jpg

P1010042.jpg

P1010043.jpg

P1010041.jpg

Some shots of the "Snow-Couple"

P1010037.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010050.jpg

Thanks for viewing! :)

You're killing me with those snowflakes! Now I want to finish my Franken Tudor that much sooner. Please hurry USPS and send me my dial and hands!!! :wub:

Nice find on the 9401/0. Its a beautiful couple you have there! Enjoy it and wear it well!