When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first PAM came today

fcaap_dan

Picked this up from a RG member. PAM250 Daylight with A7750, vac modded crown guard/pin and vac super lumed!

post-22810-1248472198_thumb.jpg

I wanted a 196, but I couldn't pass this up. Of course, the day I buy this about 3 nice 196s go up for sale, but not as nice as vac-modded 250!

Sorry if the sapphire looks dusty or milky, I put a scratch protector on the crystal. The milkiness dries out after a day or two.

The panatime black croc strap came today and is already on it. I also got the SS bracelet and rubber strap. Boy that SS bracelet adds some weight!

Violation of rules, postings of watches that have passed through Vac's hands must include "lume shot". :D

Scratch protector? Can anyone confirm if this actually works?

Fairly useless, especially considering it has a sapphire crystal. It is hard enough to put a scratch on the crystal, so anything that would cause one to appear on the crystal, would definitely pass straight through the "protector".

he scratch protector is 8 mil thick urethane. same stuff used to protect helicopter blades and the front of cars. i'm paranoid about the sapphire and put it on. anything that makes it through this stuff will just shatter the sapphire. it's tough. makes me feel better when I hit my watch on my desk.

Guest HaloArchive

Im thinking it is useless considering once I was touring a paper mill and I hit my PAM on a very sharp metal rod while I was walking and it didnt leave a mark!

Violation of rules, postings of watches that have passed through Vac's hands must include "lume shot". :D

Sorry.

post-22810-1248553751_thumb.jpg

By the time I got my point and shoot to focus it had been over a minute. Only charged it in direct sunlight for about 10 seconds. In another minute the UPO is nearly completely dark. Last night the lume lasted for hours on my PAM250.

Im thinking it is useless considering once I was touring a paper mill and I hit my PAM on a very sharp metal rod while I was walking and it didnt leave a mark!

Might be pointless on a sapphire, but I'm paranoid. More protection is better than less. I'm sure on mineral glass and plexi it would be needed. Doesn't cost me anything since I install the stuff on cars and have it laying around.

Here's a video of it for it's intended purpose of paint protection:

But I put this stuff on everything like cell phones so the screen doesn't get scratched. The stuff has a little "grip" to it too, so I put it on the bottom of my calculator so it doesn't slide when I key in numbers.