When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Iwc Honpo

none

What do you guys think of the modified 7750 in this watch? The only dial that is modified is the seconds dial. The min subdial is in the correct position. The new 7750 should be able to handle the added stress of only the sub seconds. What do you all think.

I very much doubt this is a problem at all. I would think there is a simple arrangement of transfer gears to move the running seconds (something like the gears that make a 7750 into a 7753), provided they have jewelled bearings and are properly lubricated.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the black panda dials have the concentric circles, the silver one does not.

Anyone know what the non-panda/silver metal/blue hands gen is made out of--white gold, i assume? That's the one they should have repped if they couldn't plate with rose gold.

Anyway--as far as the gold and subdial swirls go, who's going to call you out on a IWC? IWC's are like panerai's IMO--the only people who know what they hell they are are never going to be fooled by a rep anyway.

Anyone know what the non-panda/silver metal/blue hands gen is made out of--white gold, i assume? That's the one they should have repped if they couldn't plate with rose gold.

Anyway--as far as the gold and subdial swirls go, who's going to call you out on a IWC? IWC's are like panerai's IMO--the only people who know what they hell they are are never going to be fooled by a rep anyway.

i'll go one step further... even those who know what they are, also know that there have been so many special series of limited editions which have minor differences, that they would be unable to make a judgment on the watch from a visual spot check. usually its the 'total picture' that is the telltale sign... is the watch on a $500 croc strap or something that looks like it came from kmart... is the guy wearing it also sporting a beer belly and tatoo or wearing an armani suit... you get the picture.

I'm sorry but i can't see any concentric circle in replica pics. :huh:

Sorry,.. I mis-read, thinking recessed subs...

I think we can see them in the Panda, which

should mean they are there in both..

If not, to me it's no big deal.. as I have a

212 Swiss that has them, but I can only see

them in very special light...with a lot of squinting....

I am feeling very optimistic about this rep....

I hope it lives up to the expectations.....Few have,.. but those that do become

our beloved replica classics....

Where is that Price War ?? :whistling:

Here's the main difference that I can spot between the gen and rep versions. And, since no one has mentioned it, maybe it's not that big of a deal.

The external ring on the gen has three small markers between the longer markers, so that the space between 5 and 10 (10 and 15, 15 and 20...) is divided into 20 segments. On the rep, there are four small markers between the longer markers. Thus, the space between 5 and 10 is divided into 25 segments.

I don't think anyone would spot this flaw unless they have been comparing picks for half an hour like I have.