When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 Chrono dont reset to center

lazarini

Me and 7750 chronograph mvt. have a bad history together :bangin:

I just received the watch naturally wind it up and worked fine sure against my mind saying no i was curious how chrono works.At this point the seconds hand was centered on 12.

I start it up for few minutes the second hand running the minute hand advances fine all good.

So i stop it up first then hit the reset button and it went back to zero. I check a bit better and realize the second hand is not really centered.

My noob head says run it again maybe second time will be better i do so and it centered even more to the right LOL :)

Now it centers on first minute marker so way off center... i mean is this normal? Are this movements so in precise or its just me ?

Any chance how to reset this to 12 (center) without opening the watch? (any tricks etc.)

The watch has a asian 7750 and runs sec @9. Has a 30 min counter @ 3. Only those 2.

Any ideas guys?

LAz

Your second hand is slipping on its post as you reset. My Skyland does it all the time.

You can either run the second hand round to 12 o'clock and stop the chrono there ( which will of course mean that you will have the minute counter past its zero position. Or you need to de-case the movement and re-position the second hand. I've seen a fix to this problem on the forum somewhere (perhaps someone could chime in) but it involves removing the second hand and applying glue. Something which I have neither the skill,patience or steady hand to do.

The general advice is to only reset the chrono with the second hand between 10 and 2.

Hope this helps. :)

A.

Your second hand is slipping on its post as you reset. My Skyland does it all the time.

You can either run the second hand round to 12 o'clock and stop the chrono there ( which will of course mean that you will have the minute counter past its zero position. Or you need to de-case the movement and re-position the second hand. I've seen a fix to this problem on the forum somewhere (perhaps someone could chime in) but it involves removing the second hand and applying glue. Something which I have neither the skill,patience or steady hand to do.

The general advice is to only reset the chrono with the second hand between 10 and 2.

Hope this helps. :)

A.

You sir are the best.

I run it now. comes up to 1 minute 50 sec. I stop the crono. Hit the reset and BUM spot on 12!:yeah:

Laz salutes u!

I use the chronos all the time on my 7750 watches and have found that if you only reset with the second hand between 10 & 2, you will never have a problem. There is a lot of centrifugal force exerted on that hand, and the joint between the hand and the tube is not that strong, so it often slips. The only real solution is to remove the hand and put a bit of epoxy around the joint between the hand and the tube. Re-set the hand and you wont have any more problems.