When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tool to open Rolex Case back

P_Diddy

Which tool do you use to open your Rolex subs?

How much was the tool and does it scratch the case back?

where did you buy this tool?

cheers

PD

I think many use Burgeon case openers, although, as mentioned, I've had success with rubber gloves and elbow grease :)

Does it have be the 'Bergeon' brand, I've seen many unbranded Rolex Case Openers on the bay for alot less.

which part of the construction on the cheaper Rolex Case Openers, might scratch the case back?

cheers

PD

Bergeon with a 29,5 mm dye.

That's the one and only save way to open your sub with out scratching it.

Cost around 90 euro's

Carpe Diem

Cats

Does it have be the 'Bergeon' brand, I've seen many unbranded Rolex Case Openers on the bay for alot less.

which part of the construction on the cheaper Rolex Case Openers, might scratch the case back?

cheers

PD

I'd guess that if the fit wasn't perfect, say using one of the adjustable 3 point case wrenches, if it was to slip, it might scuff the case...

cheers

PD

There are a lot of copy Bergeon openers out there.

Most have faulty flutes on (at least) the 29.5 die, and you WILL scratch your caseback, if you use them. Trust me, I have personal experience!

You can buy one of the cheaper sets, and buy a gen 29.5 die, (which needs a slight mod- not difficult- to fit on the bar), however the potential for some of the other dies to mark case backs is always there!

For mine... and I bought a cheapy to start... just pony up for the gen in this instance!

O/S

90 Euros = 130$ approx

Is this the cheapest price for gen Bergeon opener?

or if I pay cheaper, risk getting a rep Bergeon ?

thanks

PD

There are a lot of copy Bergeon openers out there.

Most have faulty flutes on (at least) the 29.5 die, and you WILL scratch your caseback, if you use them. Trust me, I have personal experience!

You can buy one of the cheaper sets, and buy a gen 29.5 die, (which needs a slight mod- not difficult- to fit on the bar), however the potential for some of the other dies to mark case backs is always there!

For mine... and I bought a cheapy to start... just pony up for the gen in this instance!

O/S

90 Euros = 130$ approx

Is this the cheapest price for gen Bergeon opener?

or if I pay cheaper, risk getting a rep Bergeon ?

thanks

PD

Price is not the point!

Just buy from a Bergeon dealer, or where you can get a guarantee that it is original!

There are a few "tells" but not worth the risk.

O/S

Guest HaloArchive

You could always try a Jaxa style opener but, you get the risk of scratching your caseback. Or, get one of them sticky ball openers :) Those work on about any watch! $10 USD too!

I bought the Bergeon 5537 case opener on the bay for $80.00 I have seen them around for that price. A little googling and patience and you will find one. I would definitely wait and save up the money for the real thing. It makes a HUGE difference!

Only 1 to go for Bergeon.

You can save your self 30-4- bucks on a copie of a Bergoen and destroy the case back of your watch with it.

Most important part is the dye and not the handles.

Carpe Diem

Cats