When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

first mod I have ever done

dandonnelly

I have had this noobmariner for a few months and I was thinking of sending it out for mods, the insert was way too high and when it got damaged on the outside edges I though I would try the thinning mod on it.I must say it was not to bad I still want to get a new insert and a better pearl but at least I had a chance to try my skills. Shortly after modding the insert I though I would try my CG's I think they turned out all right for my first attempt, they were hard to balance! Anyway I learned the techniques from RWG so I owe you guys a big thanx. Enough talking on to the pics. Let me know what you think and how I can improve on my next try.

ignore the scratches at the edge of the insert...that is why I did the mod in the first place it was already toast!

DSC_4012.jpg

here is a closer shot.

DSC_4009.jpg

The insert sits about right, well done.

The CGs are prob a bit over done (hard to tell from pics) but that's how we learn in this game. The trick is to never keep going to get perfect ballence or you end up with nothing. If they hug the crown as they should it's not all that noticable if one is a little out.

Col.

i only took the bottom edges off the cg's they look really thin in that pic I will try to put up another one, I used a dremmel tool with a thin sanding disc. The disc only has sand on the one side so I didn't have to worry about hurting the tube. I think once I change the crown for one of bk's and put in a new insert and pearl it will look really good!