When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Sea-Dweller Deep Sea Supreme 116660

Star69

Noobesque jab? I can't tell whether I should crack up or not...

Judging by the lack of :) , I'll guess the latter. Yes, EuroT's V5 seems to be it. From what I've seen of the other new ones PT's etc, they look damn near the same.

I've been away and am sympathising with a n00bs complwete lack if direction on which version/name is the best.

So, PT's Supreme isn't as good as Eurotime's v5?

It's amazing how easy it is to take your eye off the ball for a month or two and everything changes.

I want a DSSD, but I wouldn't know where to start to buy a good one.

Judging from all the observations and comments, Eurotz's V5 is the one to go for, winning over the PT by a horse nose distance. By looking at all the supuer reps around, the built quality of the V5, QC standard from Eurotz, and the selling price(even with the Swiss ETA2836-2) really makes it the best buy of 2009 so far.

It really sets a new standard in the rep community.

I've been away and am sympathising with a n00bs complwete lack if direction on which version/name is the best.

It's amazing how easy it is to take your eye off the ball for a month or two and everything changes.

Pug, reading your post was like you were reading my mind.

I've been gone so long it is as if I am brand new to the rep world, but then I walk in my bedroom where all the lovely old vintage MBW's, and TW Bests are on display, and I don't feel so bad!

Looking at these recent offerings compared side-by-side with gens, I am amazed at the quality that they are cranking out. I remember when you guys would tear down everything that the rep mans were cranking out, with pictorials showing off obvious flaws.

Still, I will always prefer to wear my Ziggied MBW vintages, COMEX, Single Red, Double Red, Great White . . . I'm sure glad I ogt a few of each before they were gone.

Bill

Gio, yours looks much better regarding the lugs than the one ET shows in his shop...

Does it have the correct ref. no. 116660 engraved between the lugs? The Supreme seems to have a wrong 116117 engraving.

I don't know. I don't ever remove my bands as I don't see a need to. It could very well say "BLOW ME, ROUND EYES!" on my lugs & I wouldn't know. :)

I strongly second the ET V5 motion; the only thing this piece needs (aside from a 90 second bezel-paint mod) is a lume-job. It's damn near 100% after that.

a little update - some movement shots ;)

for me one of the reasons to go supreme :D

DSC02279.jpg

really nicely made.

Are you sure these photos are not mixed up? The image shows the two "golden" gears on top which are driven with the rotor ... have a gen amount of drilled holes. I thought the way to tell an Asian rep ETA from a real ETA was that the Asian ETA has only 4 weight-reducing holes in those gears.

Are you sure these photos are not mixed up? The image shows the two "golden" gears on top which are driven with the rotor ... have a gen amount of drilled holes. I thought the way to tell an Asian rep ETA from a real ETA was that the Asian ETA has only 4 weight-reducing holes in those gears.

It's gen ETA, but not Gen Rolex. :)

I bought one of the first V5s from Eurotimz. It arrived with less than great QC. However Chris sent me a new bracelet which is perfect and he is now sending me a new insert/pearl to replace the greenish pearl that was sent originally. However can someone tell me how to best remove and then replace the new insert. I know on the old MBW types it was fairly easy to pop off the bezel and remove and replace the insert. Is it as easy with the DSSD V5?

I bought one of the first V5s from Eurotimz. It arrived with less than great QC. However Chris sent me a new bracelet which is perfect and he is now sending me a new insert/pearl to replace the greenish pearl that was sent originally. However can someone tell me how to best remove and then replace the new insert. I know on the old MBW types it was fairly easy to pop off the bezel and remove and replace the insert. Is it as easy with the DSSD V5?

Mate, you're on the "Precious time supreme DSSD" thread not Eurotimez...

Try to open a new topic for an answer or use the search window.