When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting news on a new Monaco rep

metaljesus

Hey all. Just had an interesting message from King, we were talking about a couple of things and she included the following line (she knows im a Monaco freak).

"And about the Tag Heuer Monaco already get back original. It was marking now. When the watch made finish. I will let you know first and get first one."

As usual its a little hard to decipher, I assume that "marking" should be "making".

So who knows, maybe we'll have a new (hopefully decent) rep in a couple of months. If so i'll write a damn comprehensive review :)

Well, take into consideration that the 2894 is 6.1mm in height, while the base 7750 is 7.9mm; the standard 7750 alone will require a thicker case to accomodate it (we're talking almost 2mm here). Consider that a modified 7750 relocating the seconds to 3:00 will require additional plates, etc. for the transfer gears (which will only add to the height), the result will mean that any rep utilizing this movement will be inaccurate in dimension compared to it's 2894 gen counterpart. i.e. the case will be too thick and bulky. If the rep is to use the same measurements for the diameter of the case as per the genuine, this will mean that the watch will be largely unbalanced and clumsy.

Sadly, due to the complex nature of the DD module, I don't think a proper 2894 clone will be a possibility for us.

Personally, I'd be more than content with a manual wind vintage variation... Easier to do, and with a Heuer logo on the dial (minus the TAG portion of it), I'd be even more excited about it.

Personally, I'd be more than content with a manual wind vintage variation... Easier to do, and with a Heuer logo on the dial (minus the TAG portion of it), I'd be even more excited about it.

Well, yes. Me too. Most connoisseurs would agree. :)