When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Riveted Expansion Bracelet

vlydog

Depending on the bracelet you have, some of those faux rivet screw pins are actually double sided- Like the Pre-V lug bars. Basically a screw head on each side. You'll need two screwdrivers in that case- One to hold one side steady and the other to turn the other screw. Such was the case with the old ones- New ones might be more like the standard screw pins (one sided).

Those double sided ones are a major pain in the arse.

How do you adjust the gen bracelet ?

You need to unfold the links, remove or add new links as needed & then refold the original links. There is a special tool that Rolex & some watchmakers have that performs this task in a way that deformation of the unfolded links is kept to a minimum. But I do not know anyone who has the tool, so the only options are to use a pair of screwdrivers to carefully pry the links apart or take the bracelet to a watchmaker & let him handle the work (most older professional watchmakers have done this enough times that they are able to resize the bracelet without mangling the links too much).

A big thank you to all who have responded with help and recommendations.

I have found out that, due to the size of the bracelet and the size of my wrists, I can make the appropriate adjustments with the clasp alone to achieve a proper fit.

I also found out that this particular bracelet is made just like the gen.

(most older professional watchmakers have done this enough times that they are able to resize the bracelet without mangling the links too much).

thanks for the advice :tu: