When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK 1655

marcoxxx1984

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for a well done 1655 and I was thinking about MBK 1655 on Chris web site... What do you think about? What are the main flaws?

I would install a gen tropic (or if I do not find it a Clark one would be ok....) and a gen crown/tube....

What do you think about my little vintage project? what does it need? Should I start with another 1655 base?

Avoid like the plague. The MBW 1655 was, like its 1675 sibling, a dog. Looked awful, and gen parts didn't fit.

Best bet is to use one of the cartel's as a base (preferably you'll need two versions to create a hybrid), then look at Omega Flightmaster hands (you'll need to broach at least one), and then you can start the cosmetic tweaks here and there.

Last two or three members I recall having done similar are TMG (toomuchgear), Freddy (333) and most recently Lani(kai).

Basically, a decent 1655 project is not for the faint of heart or wallet. Best you know that at the outset.

Plenty of reading material on here, the search function is your friend ;)

Avoid like the plague. The MBW 1655 was, like its 1675 sibling, a dog. Looked awful, and gen parts didn't fit.

Best bet is to use one of the cartel's as a base (preferably you'll need two versions to create a hybrid), then look at Omega Flightmaster hands (you'll need to broach at least one), and then you can start the cosmetic tweaks here and there.

Last two or three members I recall having done similar are TMG (toomuchgear), Freddy (333) and most recently Lani(kai).

Basically, a decent 1655 project is not for the faint of heart or wallet. Best you know that at the outset.

sorry, I didn't understand you... What is "cartel's as a base"?

Sorry but i cant understand what do you mean about the crown ... :wounded1:

the back plate i see is totally different but cant be changed ?..

This in link is not correct the size of the crown, it is not corrected on the back cover,

in genuine behind the cover is smooth and shiny.

This does not remotely resemble the Steve McQueen. :cry2:

Archimede. :)

Edited by raffo333

The yukiwatch cases are allegedly 1:1 and accepts gen parts. I asked them and they said they would get back to me and let me know if a gen crystal and bezel will fit. It will take a gen movement though :tu:

The vietnam cases are supposed to be great too.

anyone have a gen 1570/5 GMT movement ? I have gen dial and hands I need it for.

and where can we find vietnam cases ?..

thank you

The yukiwatch cases are allegedly 1:1 and accepts gen parts. I asked them and they said they would get back to me and let me know if a gen crystal and bezel will fit. It will take a gen movement though :tu:

The vietnam cases are supposed to be great too.

anyone have a gen 1570/5 GMT movement ? I have gen dial and hands I need it for.

DBR is correct don't bother with the MBW, it's all wrong! Josh or Andrew's offerings would be a a better starting point if you don't want to spend on a Yuki case and gen movement. I'd suggest a Clark's Tropic 116 crystal ($5) as you'll need to sand down the bottom of the crystal a little to reduce the height or the date mag is too big. At a minimum, practice on a aftermarket crystal first if you plan on using a gen.

Beware that the stock from these dealers change from time to time, so you might not be getting the same thing pictured. Lanikai can attest to this as he bought multiple watches to make one decent model and even though he purchased what should have been the same stock as I did, his were different in fit and finish.

I would also tell you to check the link in my signature line for the details of my 1655 but the links are working and I've been too lazy to fix it but I'll try today. :D

I hope that helps!

Yukiwatch are likely the same souce as Vietnamese cases.

Yuki are based in Hong Kong. No idea if they get the Vietnamese cases or not. Only source I know for definite is jewelry & watch. Freddy333 would probably know.

I am not sure if the band is the right one...

So I am going to order one 1655 from Josh then a good clarck crystal (even if I didn't understand how to' mod it...) then a good gen crown... Will the baby be good??

Edited by raffo333