When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK 1655

marcoxxx1984

Puoi chiedere a PT Precious Time, credo che te lo possa far avere mandagli il link dell'orologio ee precisagli che vuoi proprio quello..

You could ask PT Preccious Time, i think he can find it for you...

Who care of caseback? The crystal/dial/crown looks good to' me! The only wrong thing is that pam111 is located in china and I live in Italy... So I can not buy it....

So Guru give me your opinion: pam111 base+clarck's plexiglass+gen crown/tube. Is it ok or doesit need something else?

I think the P111 W-1171 model is fine. Yes a Clarks Tropic 116 crystal, gen crown & tube is a start and I would replace the hands with gen Omega Flight Master ones from Ofrei.com (see photo below of my 1655). The Omega hands will likely need some broaching to make them fit, unless you do this kind of work yourself you'll want a good watchmaker to do it for you. Not sure if you care, but many of these models have lug holes that are not drilled thrcase all the way through the case, the holes on the outside are fake and just a divot.

A more correct rep bracelet should be a non-fliplock 78360.

DSCN4548c.jpg

Hi Guys,

Wealth of information in this thread, all the research is much appreciated. Please pardon my ignorance as I'm just getting into Rolex (pam guy).

Some noobish questions/requests:

Does anyone have the link to Omega flight master hands, I've looked on ofrei to no avail. Also, do I just eyeball how much to file off the bottom of the plexi to make the mag per gen or are there measurements involved? Any advice on staging of the grit of film/sandpaper and final polish technique? And lastly, Toomuchgear, you mention a non-fliplock 78360 bracelet for this, are those rep bracelets sold separately? (preferably with some spare links?)

Thansk a mil!

Hi Guys,

Wealth of information in this thread, all the research is much appreciated. Please pardon my ignorance as I'm just getting into Rolex (pam guy).

Some noobish questions/requests:

Does anyone have the link to Omega flight master hands, I've looked on ofrei to no avail. Also, do I just eyeball how much to file off the bottom of the plexi to make the mag per gen or are there measurements involved? Any advice on staging of the grit of film/sandpaper and final polish technique? And lastly, Toomuchgear, you mention a non-fliplock 78360 bracelet for this, are those rep bracelets sold separately? (preferably with some spare links?)

Thansk a mil!

Wolf,

I think these are the Hands (# HAN-2752) on the page at Ofrei. My links are all broken in my signture line which had all this info. I've been having trouble finding the original post.

I just eyeballed the crystal, I'd say I sanded down nearly half the height. 1000 grit automotive wet paper will do the trick -didn't polish it at all since it gets glued down to the case.

I think my 78360 rep bracelet was purchased separately from Josh. I've got one of those bracelets FS on my 1675 GMT in the auction area with 14 links. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for detailed answers and links to info. I now have the watch, the clark tropic 25116, a (hopefully) proper bracelet from watcheden on the way as well as flightmaster hands from ofrei :)

I do have a couple of questions though... did you guys get an overlay for the DW with open 6's & 9's, and also what technique and paint did you use to extend the 24 hour indexes? I'm also a bit lost on the dial/hands relume and vintaging since I haven't yet found much info on that.

Thanks!

Wolf,

Looks like you're off and running.

Mine is the stock overlay that came with the movement, has open 6's & 9's -it's okay. Slartlibartfast has a great technique with laser printer water tranfer decals that he used with GREAT (mmmmm, flat top 3's!) results on the overlay (do a search).

With the exception of some work on the case all the modding on my 1655 was done by the Zigmeister. After break a few too many of my first few reps I don't touch movements or dials & hands especially luming -too small and too delicate work for my twitchy caffinated hands. :bangin:

Wolf,

Looks like you're off and running.

Mine is the stock overlay that came with the movement, has open 6's & 9's -it's okay. Slartlibartfast has a great technique with laser printer water tranfer decals that he used with GREAT (mmmmm, flat top 3's!) results on the overlay (do a search).

With the exception of some work on the case all the modding on my 1655 was done by the Zigmeister. After break a few too many of my first few reps I don't touch movements or dials & hands especially luming -too small and too delicate work for my twitchy caffinated hands. :bangin:

With yours and raffo's help I think I have some idea about where I'm going with this project. I'm at home when it comes to Panerai but this is my first Rolex and I want her done right. Going to wear this thing on my off hand to bang it up a bit :) I contacted The Zigmeister about some work but it looks like he's booked until the end of October :unsure: so I'm going to see if I can have some work done by my local watchsmith. Thanks again for all ideas and encouragement!