When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lollipop, lollipop

TeeJay

Not sure about 'lume' but you will have a long life and three children. All girls. God Bless.

<edit> When we were kids, my sister had a craft kit; she would bend common wire into flower forms, dip them into a plastic film which would fill the voids with surface tension (similar to soap bubble) the resin would harden. That may work as a substrate for the luminova.

Hopefully Rob will comment.

You may have to MacGyver the thing T'J. Should keep you busy for a while. Looking ahead, let me be the first to say "Congratualtions" and "Happy Holidays". :)

Not sure the hour hand will hold lume with a hole that big...

Cool !!!!

I love lollipops!

I actually had my 76100 Tudor lollipop relumed (to be honest, because the original lume fell out of the hour hand... <_< )

Not sure how he did it, but the person who relumed it for me did it flawlessly...as well he back painted it with white paint to add strength and extra adhesion to the lume.

Cheers

eddog

Not sure the hour hand will hold lume with a hole that big...

I know what you mean, it's certainly a concern of mine as well. The only thing I'm hoping, is if a gen hand can exist, it has to be possible (although that's probably a reason why the Mercedes hand is the more widely used ;) ) Also, I couldn't remove all the material from the star, as I don't have any tools fine enough to do the work without tearing the outer ring open, but, I'm hoping that the extra material might provide a little extra purchase for the lume to anchor to :)

Not sure about 'lume' but you will have a long life and three children. All girls. God Bless.

<edit> When we were kids, my sister had a craft kit; she would bend common wire into flower forms, dip them into a plastic film which would fill the voids with surface tension (similar to soap bubble) the resin would harden. That may work as a substrate for the luminova.

Hopefully Rob will comment.

You may have to MacGyver the thing T'J. Should keep you busy for a while. Looking ahead, let me be the first to say "Congratualtions" and "Happy Holidays". :)

Thanks for the feedback and well-wishes :) That's certainly giving my some ideas for forming a base substrate of some kind, maybe something like cling film could be epoxied to the underside of the hand to provide that extra support, without thickening the hand enough to make it drag on the dial...

Cool !!!!

I love lollipops!

I actually had my 76100 Tudor lollipop relumed (to be honest, because the original lume fell out of the hour hand... <_< )

Not sure how he did it, but the person who relumed it for me did it flawlessly...as well he back painted it with white paint to add strength and extra adhesion to the lume.

Cheers

eddog

Thanks :) I know it's far from perfect, but for something I did with a pair of nail clippers, I'm quite happy with the results, although I might try and improve on that if I can find precise enough tools :)

If there's someone who can relume a lollipop hand, that might save me some troubles, might you be able to share their contact details?

I have relumed a set of 1655 hands. The 24 hour hand on the 1655 has a large lume area, which was no problem at all to 're-paint' after striping the orignal lume and paint with paint stripper.

That's reassuring to hear, thanks for the input :) Thinking about it, a lollipop hand shouldn't be impossible, seeing as Snowflake hands can be lumed, which is a larger area :)

TJ i was bvored while i was waiting for a very large email to send tonight so i made a lolipop i took an old crappy set of hands and soaked them in iosoprpenol alcohol

then i cleaned off the old lume

used a hammer and a screwdriverto nock out the old mid bits (it was getting late) used a cutting took on the dremil to trim the rest off and lumed it with blue lume as it was all i have

I know the photos are crappy but arnt mine always?

post-1258-124996000347_thumb.jpg

post-1258-12499604653_thumb.jpg

post-1258-12499605179_thumb.jpg

post-1258-12499608611_thumb.jpg

TJ i was bvored while i was waiting for a very large email to send tonight so i made a lolipop i took an old crappy set of hands and soaked them in iosoprpenol alcohol

then i cleaned off the old lume

used a hammer and a screwdriverto nock out the old mid bits (it was getting late) used a cutting took on the dremil to trim the rest off and lumed it with blue lume as it was all i have

I know the photos are crappy but arnt mine always?

Fantastic result, my friend :good: Might this lead to you also building a Tudor project?