When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Chinese Tourbillon

xelorrolex

Hey Guys

look @ the new chinese tourbillon avalaible . The craftmanship is far beter compared to the previous model.

Maybe we'll get the chance to see reps running with such a beautyfull engine soon :Jumpy:

Enjoy :wub:

Xel B)

edit: Please, don't pay much attention on the case and the dial but only on this delightfull turby !!! Looks like river knows someting about this new watch, see post # 24 !

104989-25303.jpg

104989-25304.jpg

104989-25305.jpg

Edited by xelorrolex

Am I the only one who thinks they look like a complete eyesore on a watch??

:yuk:

No you're not.

Everything: bezel, dial, glass... even the brand ! And the name : Chronometer Tourmatic, what's that?!

You have to pay me to wear it.

Anyway I've never been interested in tourbillons so...

No you're not.

Everything: bezel, dial, glass... even the brand ! And the name : Chronometer Tourmatic, what's that?!

:brow: I wasn't talking about the case and the dial (which are ugly, i must admit :yucky: ) but about the tourbillon which is a real one and much beter than the others avalaible (for 500-900 usd) through our usual dealers !

Xel

Edited by xelorrolex

There's just something about seeing a TRUE tourbillon in motion that's just mesmerizing. It's really a very lovely horological complication. I've only had the opportunity to handle 3 tourbillons in person; I love them, but could not afford nor justify a 6 figure pricetag on a watch.

I've been contemplating one of these Chinese made tourbillons... From what I understand, the newest generation is much more reliable, and quality in craftsmanship improved.

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

I think a tourby on the right watch is beautiful. One of my next purchases is going to be the skeleton breguet tourby, that is by far one of the most beautiful reps ever made, if not the most. In all reality getting a tourby for under a grand is a pretty good deal considering a real breguet tourby well set you back hundreds of thousands.

There's just something about seeing a TRUE tourbillon in motion that's just mesmerizing. It's really a very lovely horological complication. I've only had the opportunity to handle 3 tourbillons in person; I love them, but could not afford nor justify a 6 figure pricetag on a watch.

I've been contemplating one of these Chinese made tourbillons... From what I understand, the newest generation is much more reliable, and quality in craftsmanship improved.

Too true, also owning reps of genuine watches costing more than a high class house seems to me to be more intriguing than nannying about after reps of tawdry Rolex subs that frankly someone on benefits could get finance for the origional.

Just my 2 Baht

i'd be very interested to see how accurately these chinese tourbs keep time. i'm assuming that it is in fact a highly accurate instrument, but i also wonder whether the degree of error caused by gravitational force, which the tourb overcomes, is more than offset by other engineering errors/inefficiencies associated with lower quality chinese machining and qc. i mean if the rest of the movement is not correctly lubricated, how much of an issue is that. and granted, i assume the shops that turn out tourbs are doing much higher quality work than we see on our movements.

http://www.zvisuel.com/montrespassion/english/index.html

A tourbillon is understated IMO, one really needs to pick up one in person and feel it to understand why it is such a sought after complication. It depends on the manufacture, brand like UN's Royal Blue Tourbillon are really interesting, while other brands like Blancpain can be total yawns.

I own a tourbillon from a Swiss brand, but will not comment any further on the make.

I have a Chronoswiss Tourbillon from Eddie Lee. It keeps excellent time and cost $599. :p

The big differnce between old and new is that the new one is a center turbillon which exists on a lot more gens than they flying tourbillon which is used on only one or two. If the prices come down on these babies we have a shot at seeing some really sweet reps. If tehy ever do wind up in reps it will be interesting to see which model they go into first.

The big differnce between old and new is that the new one is a center turbillon which exists on a lot more gens than they flying tourbillon which is used on only one or two. If the prices come down on these babies we have a shot at seeing some really sweet reps. If tehy ever do wind up in reps it will be interesting to see which model they go into first.

-_- mmmh, i really appreciate that you point out the essential difference between the two models (old and new).

The new one is much closer to the mechanism used in most of the true Tourbillon watches (Breguet, AP, ...)

If the Rep's suppliers make such upgrade on Real Turby Reps, like you, Archie, i might be tempted.

this is a special call to our dealers ;)

Let's wait and see ....

Xel B)

Edited by xelorrolex

They should make the Breguet tourbillon rep with the new movement that looks exactly like the real thing. There could finally be the possibility of a 99% rep of a $150,000 watch. I would even want to have it done in real gold or platinum. Knowing the rep manufacturers though, they might **** up something else. One thing for sure is the level of finish will not be as good obivously and no one knows how long they may last, and if they die, you may pretty well be SOL.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

That's a faux tourbillon, not worth $2K :)

I don't know whether the one the OP posted is faux or not but there are many watches on the bay that feature Sea Gull's new real center tourbillon for about 2k. That is a real tourbillon, and when prices come down to the level of the flying tourbillon it'll be worth buying a rep powered by one. My vote for first one is of cousrse a Muller:

1111.bmp

See what i found on River photobucket album :wub:

Wow. Ubranded!

Damn, that's nice.

edit: On reflection, it's very nice, but I much prefer it when they keep the hands in the centre of the watch. They look trapped up at the top like that. It's not a strong design.