When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Paul Newman

JamesThailand

Hate to say it looks nothing like the gen. Dial color seems funky, case i am not sure whats going on looks like a saucepan and the bracelet is weird....... Looks like its been pop riveted :S. Hope you didnt spend more than $100 on this.

Dear all

I never thought I would have to say this. I just came back from a business trip (with more rep purchases, of course!) and saw all comments. But first, allow me to thank you very much for the RWG and for those of you who supported my post of the Paul Newman including those of you who gave me truly great comments on how to spot the fake from the gen Rolex. Let me get this straight, I got about 100+ rep pieces in my collection, all in various qualities. I enjoy this hobby as much as everyone else in RWG and I KNOW that these reps have some flaws

Alright i am over being politically correct. I am calling a spade a spade and i don't care what you or the other grand standers on this thread think or say.

Plain and simple this rep is a POS and my point on the 100 dollar comment was that i would not buy it for 100 dollars as for around the same money I'm sure you could of got a decent rep.

Load your cannons ladies and fire away.

"PS, for Mr. Danzeman22, I do regret that my watch is not up to your standard. I know that with your profound knowledge and insights on rep market you could easily find source for 7750 Daytona for way less than 100US$...perhaps you could suggest me where to buy? I got mine for 105$ and still shame on myself even today! "

Alright i am over being politically correct. I am calling a spade a spade and i don't care what you or the other grand standers on this thread think or say.

Plain and simple this rep is a POS and my point on the 100 dollar comment was that i would not buy it for 100 dollars as for around the same money I'm sure you could of got a decent rep.

"PS, for Mr. Danzeman22, I do regret that my watch is not up to your standard. I know that with your profound knowledge and insights on rep market you could easily find source for 7750 Daytona for way less than 100US$...perhaps you could suggest me where to buy? I got mine for 105$ and still shame on myself even today! "

Likewise.

No one here other than you even cares that the watch is a POS. James is happy with it, so that's all that matters. Those who might be less than impressed with the watch, have had the good grace to keep that opinion to themselves. If posts like this, and your comment to Yodap the other day are going to be your level of contribution here, you're going to find yourself unpopular very quickly, as you seem to be completely missing the point about the community and members here...

Peace

2nd that, dluddy.

We're all here for different reasons, but we all share one common factor- That is a love and enjoyment of watches. We can disagree on things, and sometimes we don't all see things eye to eye. In a community of 20,000+ members, that's to be expected. However, we should extend the courtesy to one another to keep discussion civil and to respect one's opinions, even if they do not align with that of your own.

While some may not appreciate James' new watch, he seems to be enjoying it just fine. While it might not be a watch that a particular individual would prefer to own, it may be something that another would. Doesn't make things wrong or right... Just individual preference. If everyone in the world all liked and disliked the same things, it would be a very uninteresting place to be :)

Dear all

I never thought I would have to say this. I just came back from a business trip (with more rep purchases, of course!) and saw all comments. But first, allow me to thank you very much for the RWG and for those of you who supported my post of the Paul Newman including those of you who gave me truly great comments on how to spot the fake from the gen Rolex. Let me get this straight, I got about 100+ rep pieces in my collection, all in various qualities. I enjoy this hobby as much as everyone else in RWG and I KNOW that these reps have some flaws

Dear all

Thank you very much for your support posts, I think the RWG is very lucky to have some of you as members of this great online society who truly understand the spirit of this hobby; i.e., passions for watches. I understand that some reps are not created equal

post-21893-125068585582_thumb.jpg

Just read this thread with great interest. Using all of my reserves of quick wit and ready repartee I have but a few well thought out words to say Danzeman....you suck...

Watch doesn't look that bad on the wrist to me, it's only a rep, the pot stirrer needs to get a life, a life which hopefully doesn't include inane pointless comments on this board...sad really...

For webmaster, my deepest apology for this particular post. I do realize that this little correspondence and language used (such as POS) might not be appropriate. This would, hopefully, be my last post of this long battling thread and please feel free to delete my post if you consider this is not suitable for RWG. Thank you.

@ James,

No this thread and post won't be deleted, we need it to stand testament to the ignorance and total lack of civility and manners, exhibited by this member.

Close this thread mods its going nowhere.

@danzeman,

To you as well, this thread will stay open, so others can witness your total lack of decency and civility. You are fast headed towards a warning so beware of the content of further comment.

This place is our home. It is a civilised community. We invite all in to enjoy and participate in a hobby dear to us all.

We do not expect visitors to engage in this type of attitude and behaviour.

We always encourage robust comment, but there is a line, and it was well and truly crossed here.

Consider your position sir.

Offshore

Oh, when it comes to PN Daytonas, the room will get hot. I have a pretty good knowledge of PN dials and think danzeman22 is just trying to move us in the direction of understanding more of the complexities involved. James, I like your enthusiasm and hats off to you. Don't take danzeman22's comments to heart. I think he is trying to bring awareness to the issue. In all fairness, getting hold of a really good PN is next to impossible because the dial work is so complex. All the sub-dials are done as a spiral pattern and that requires a steady hand and perfect movement, not to mention the sub-dials are not flat, they have a rolling effect where the inner middle is higher than the outer edge. Secondly, the outer edge is without pattern so that has to be properly smoothed so the spiral finishes at a clean stopping point. Next, the chapter ring is also reccessed but not as far as the sub-dials. Finally, the paint has to be perfectly sharp at the color change points! All of this is very, very telling to those who are familar with PN's.

Great post too :)

Dear MarkJ

I totally agreed with you on this. The PN is one of the most challenging choices to replicate. Even some of those high-accurate rep versions I saw using real Valjoux Cal.72 still contains some vital flaws: the dial pattern and luminous dots are still a bit off, the tachymeter font on the outer bezel is a little too thick etc. But still, I think PN is one of the most indispensable pieces for all avid vintage Rolex rep collectors to have in their collections. I also have some other Rolex reps in my personal collection; e.g., the 6234 (with 3-register chrono, non-overlapping/small sub dials), 6234 (with 3-register chrono, overlapping/large sub dials), 6263 (Daytona w/ black dial, white 3-register chrono), MBW/MBK 6541 Milguass with honeycomb dial and

post-21893-125077135373_thumb.jpg