When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

is this tag heuer link a gen?

icarus

hi guys ... saw this posting on ebay for a a tag heuer link and was really tempted to pull the trigger on this baby but something kinda tells me that it might be a rep. the header says CJF2110.BA0576 but the description says CJF2110.BA0594

upon closer inspection of the really crappy pics posted, i kinda noticed that the second hand and the chrono watch looked really dark in colour. cant decide if its black or is it cos the lighting is bad. contacted the seller for better pics but he directed me to the tag website

i did some research on pics of the authentic link watch and they've all got silver / white hands ... which obviously makes sense cos who would use black hands against a black dial.

any tag experts here have any thoughts on this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130323305415&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Edited by icarus

Well the model number is right but the second number is the difference between 2 models, which is the size of the subdials. (check two following links)

http://www.gemnation.com/watches/Tag-Heuer-Link-Automatic-Chronograph-CJF2110.BA0594-13940.html

http://www.gemnation.com/watches/Tag-Heuer-Link-Automatic-Chronograph-CJF2110.BA0576-81.html

As far as the hands, I'm sure its the lighting because you can still see the shine in the pics. You can also tell from the datewheel because the #4 is an ETA font. I'm sure this watch is a genuine.

luda ... i did notice the eta font on the 4 which kinda made feel like it could be a gen but i guess there was just something eating at me about the authenticity of the piece

and you're right mj about the guy not buying or selling anything reputable

really the watch does look authentic. description coudl be off because he copied and pasted from tag site because the new ones have display backs while the older versions did not. I mean just compare the two pics...

last pic in the ebay link

http://www.gemnation.com/images/watches/TagH/CJF2110.BA0576.jpg

They look exactly the same and all the errors you guys pointed out are because of the angle of the pics. I am 99.9% sure its GENUINE and someone got a great deal.

Edited by luda46

nah, i didnt bid on it .... was extremely tempted to though, it'd either be a great deal or an expensive dud. the guy did mention in an email to me that he was selling cos he needed money for his divorce settlements. ahhh, watches and women ... getting to be real expensive collections those two, and its getting harder to tell the gen from the rep :lol:

If you look at the third pic in the sequence Icarus, you can see the light coloured 9 subdial hand shining white/silver.

Sounds a bit shady to me and the fact that it went for a good $350 less than normal kinda tells its own story!

Sixx :bones:

Guest alan_sony

Based on the following link, http://www.gemnation.com/watches/Tag-Heuer-Link-Automatic-Chronograph-CJF2110.BA0576-81.html, there should not be the word "automatic" below the tag heuer logo. However it is present on the watch in ebay.

In addition, the Tachymetre wording in the inner bezel seems to be off alignment, too close to the outer ring.

Therefore, it is a fake in my opinion.

This is an EASY one .. look at the Tag web site. The gen has the Tachymetre print on the CASE. Now look at any of the rep Collector web sites .. the rep has the Tachymetre on the DIAL.

Look at the Tag part number on this picture. It exactly matches what the Seller on the Bay lists as his watch. This is a rep. The Tach is on the dial in the 'bay sale.

post-22602-125136437476_thumb.jpg

This looks like gen to me and somebody got a real good deal here.

I used to own the rep of this old (Tachymetre on dial, brushed ss) version of the Link Chrono. I sold it to finance the gen new model (Tachymetre on bezel, polished ss) :)

The word Automatic is correct. Sometimes manufacturers pre-release a promo pic which is not a 100% release version.

The rep has a bigger bezel, different crown and bigger pushers. The first version of the rep also had an aweful Times Roman like date font, which was updated later.

The first 2 attached pics are gens, the 3rd is my old rep.

post-4081-125139451493_thumb.jpg

post-4081-125139453378_thumb.jpg

post-4081-125139573671_thumb.jpg