When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New T48 crowns are available

t

sorry but i don´t see any big differences between batch 1 and batch 2. Please double check where your crowns comes from and if you may mix up something??? Your left crowns looks totaly different as the right ones. Also in finish and brushing???? The finish and the brushing of your left crowns don´t looks like my crowns. Also i had never produced a T48 with 0.9mm in the first batch??? Please DOUBLE CHECK.

Here my results if i compare batch 1 and batch 2

t-crowns003.jpg

t-crowns005.jpg

t-crowns009.jpg

t-crowns011.jpg

t-crowns013.jpg

Edited by t

Just to let anyone know that some guy(s) fixed this "recess" problem by glueing a thin disk of metal on the recessed surface of the crown.

It seems a good solution as it does not involve adding a 2nd gasket or filing down the CG feet.

all these solutions are not professional.

with the first t-crown i also had the problem to use a second seal-o-ring.

that's why i use the palp crown.

all crown-guards and lever ( v-, lh-, cartel-, davidsen- ) are long enough for a perfect adaption.

better is the t-crown wouldn't be too deep recessed like the palp crown,

because some tubes are more flat and the crown don't have the contact with the lever and don't permit a perfect adaption.

or.....t purposes a new perfect h-serie crown-guard, then all problems are gone.

rolli

Just to let anyone know that some guy(s) fixed this "recess" problem by glueing a thin disk of metal on the recessed surface of the crown.

It seems a good solution as it does not involve adding a 2nd gasket or filing down the CG feet.

all these solutions are not professional.

Well, we are talking about reps... hard to call for professional solutions.

or.....t purposes a new perfect h-serie crown-guard, then all problems are gone.

But it might fit only a given type of case. As long as different rep-makers will be making different crown guards, and also different PAM models will require different crown guards, a "perfect" CG will be perfect to one given type of case only.

Conversely, T's effort looks aimed to many different models of PAM: handwind, auto, SS, Ti, PVD...

difficult to make a perfect crown

difficult to make a perfect crown guard

to many different PAM´s... we can not build 1 crown or 1 CG which will fitting ALL PAM case

In the next batch we can overwork the T48 crowns... but than would not fit perfect with the V- crown guard...

i am open for opinions and suggesstions...

BTW... i would never produce any crown guard... this is a protected trade mark from PANERAI... and one assh-ole only need to call me to PAM and they would make me a lot of trouble... why should i risk my business??? V can sell it as a private seller... but i am a official dealer and can not risk my business. I could sell 1000 of them... 999 happy customers and 1 ass-hol-e only would kick my a-s-s

Edited by t

it's only my opinion.

i'm not a tinkerer.

everything has to look professional.

little hero did see the same problem with cases, crowns and crown-guards.

so he produced the simplest solution, he installed a lever with an extended lever nose for an ample scope.

rolli

In the next batch we can overwork the T48 crowns... but than would not fit perfect with the V- crown guard...

i am open for opinions and suggesstions...

I see more and more members that are encountering the "recessed crown" problem, t... your crowns are being used not only by V CG owners, but almost universally... my personal feeling is that if you make your next crowns thicker you will make more members happy than V CG owners unhappy. And you will accordingly enlarge your customers' pool.

But, especially, fitting a V CG on a thicker crown would stay much more easier than fitting a general/cartel/DSN CG on a too thin crown, as it would only require filing down the V lever a little.

everything has to look professional.

Agree.

If we go down from being professional to looking professional, then the metal disk applied on the recessed surface is quite a professional-looking solution as it results invisible, undistinguishable from the very crown. In the end, a not-too-diffcult and customizable solution to make these t-crowns usable on every PAM.

But sure, a thicker crown would be a definitive and professional solution.

little hero did see the same problem with cases, crowns and crown-guards.

so he produced the simplest solution, he installed a lever with an extended lever nose for an ample scope.

Yes, a simple and good solution that made his CG independent from the crown... but still left it dependent from the case. LH crown guards cannot be used on any case. On the other hand, we are talking here about making the scope of the t crowns as large as possible (aren't we?)

one crown type fits with all.

palp crown.

the producer of this crown knew all the problems as well.

that's why this crown has the special measurements,

also the optical presence with the measure of 2,1 mm knurling wideness.

i love this crown type.

rolli

t...i have to disagree.

nothing is perfect.

but the crown is perfect to use for all case types, also the auto cases.

fits more than perfect in the case tubes inside the seal, and not too wobbly.

a thicker o-ring gasket inside the crown brings the necessary optical case distance.

the tooth-knurling width of 2,1mm is a really good symbiosis of the case, crown and crown-guard.

for me is the optical shape foregrounded.

rolli

Palp crown is very nice

but not perfect

it is much thicker as the genuine (1.9mm) and to close to the case :whistling:

Palp crown is one of the best on market... but it has also many faults. I can spot a palp crown every time on a wrist. It looks good, fits well and feel nice on a replica... but looks totaly different from genuine. The genuine is not close to the case like the Palp crown and it is way thinner. Also has the Palp crown many problems... the complete last batch was with defect thread and some guys had to wait 8 months for their crowns without any respond of thei emails. Sorry but this is a absolute "no go". Otherwise Palp and Marcus are great guys and their crown is a very nice product.

The T-crown is not perfect too.... but if you install it correctly... it looks closer to the genuine exspecially if you use it with a better crown guard like the V crown guard. None of the T-crowns are defect, you will get a 100% refund and you will have your crown delivered between 5-7 days after payment. I can

I must say T's crown is of superb quality. It is very close to the gen. in cosmetic terms.

The problem I am facing with the recessed surface may be only apply to me as I am using the JF CG/lever combo. Perhaps with the modern rep PAM CG's it shouldn't be a problem, but I have no clue as I have not tried.

Still, a big thanks to T for your great efforts in bringing us your beautiful T48, and your light speed delivery is hard to beat.

BTW, anyone has any clue if there i snay way to remove a snapped stem sitting inside the crown thread. The broken piece is flush to the crown tube and it has Locite applied :( Doos it mean I have to throw the crown away?

Sorry T, if you mean by adding an extra o-ring, it won't work coz it will push the stem out of the winding position.

I don't mean to raise any complaints here, the T48 crowns are of superb finishes. This problem may only apply to me since I am replacing the crown out of the one from the previous batch (I got the stem broken and stuck inside the threads). So I got my lever adjusted to the spec of the 1st batch T48, but now the new T48 has a much recessed top, problem arises - the lever will not lock anymore.

Perhaps this can be explained from teh pictures below. Same apply for both the 0.9 AND 1.2 crowns.

T48 0.9mm

T48 1.2mm

I am still working on it how to retain the locking function of the lever in the new T48, at least in my case with the lever adjusted to the 1st batch T48 spec.

Dear friend

please delete this post because it is a false statement about my crowns. The left crowns shown on your pictures AREN`T from me. THEY ARE NOT T-CROWNS. The 1. batch and the 2. batch of my crowns are 1:1 identical.

Thank you

BTW, anyone has any clue if there i snay way to remove a snapped stem sitting inside the crown thread. The broken piece is flush to the crown tube and it has Locite applied :( Doos it mean I have to throw the crown away?

An extreme measure (suggested by The Zigmeister): dip your crown in vinaigre for a few days. If you are lucky, it will dissolve the stem piece and not also the crown. If you are unlucky, you will end up by throwing the crown away as you would do if you do not give this a try.

I used it on a golden-plated crown and it worked -- but maybe that the gold protected the crown.

Good luck!

This is interesting. Vinegar can desolve the stem but not the crown as both are made of metal also.

Anyhow, thanks for your advice, will give it a try. It does no harm as the crown has to be thrown away anyway if the broken stem piece cannot be taken out.

This is interesting. Vinegar can desolve the stem but not the crown as both are made of metal also.

I suppose it has something to do with the crown and stem being made of different metals than are differently attacked from a slight acid like the acetic acid of vinegar.

As you are interested, I can add a few details that may help you in keeping the crown unattacked.

Find a very small cylindrical bottle with a small opening (those that are used as free perfume samples are perfect), fasten it onto a block of plasticine to keep it steady, and fill it with vinegar.

Put the crown on it so that only the crown tube gets dipped into the vinegar, leaving the rest of the crown sitting on the bottle's opening, above the vinegar surface.

After a few hours you will notice that a small bubble of air (well, actually CO2, I suppose) will appear at the tube's end. Take the crown out to get rid of the bubble and dip it back again as before. If you leave the bubble in place it will prevent the vinegar from staying in contact with the broken stem and dissolve it.

Repeat this step every few hours, as often as you can see a bubble.

Hope this helps, good luck once again.