When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 111 - bracelet question

Gadgeguy2009

Hello all,

I have received yesterday my PAM111 - and I love it. Initially I was not sure how it would work out for me, as I have never seen one and pictures are not always giving the full story, but now I am really impressed by its simple elegance!

However: the tan leather strap the watch came with is not that exciting. It is also quite thick and rigid: not very comfortable and not easy to adjust properly (it is either too tight or too lose).

I know there are a number of excellent companies providing straps for Panerai. However the ones I really liked so far are very expensive.

I would prefer to spend only a relatively low amount on a new strap. Could you please tell me who would be a good source for affordable (but nice) leather straps for the Panerai? For example there are a number of ebay sellers selling 24mm leather straps, for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370246817432&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

What would you think about that?

Thank you all!

There are a couple of things to keep in mind - the size (use your existing strap to determine this) and whether you want a deployant or buckle strap. You cannot fit a deployant clasp on a regular strap, the end is much thinner for the deployant type. If it is for a buckle, is your buckle 22mm or 24mm.

A good strap makes all the difference when it comes to how your 111 will look. Nearly every dealer ships the Panerai reps with very bad rep straps. Also, what is your budget? It is worth it to spend a little extra (say $20 or $30) for a nicer strap. If you are going to get one from ebay, I suggest you do a search for "24 BOB strap panerai" - these are well made for the price, especially the Marino line (Vertigo is not as good).