When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 57?

pdnb

You think this is a possiblity from DSN? What do you guys think of a 27b/28b in Ti case? I guess the other issue would be the caseback since it would be fantasy/franken? Thanks for your comments

I made the same comment on another forum a couple of weeks ago..

The 057 has a brown hobnail dial and a "leaf" PR hand..I believe DSN could do it, but I am not so sure if he would be willing to do it since he would sell them only in really limited number...

Richard-

How brown is the dial vs black? I like Titanium because the scratches hide better and lighter. I think I would like the 27 or 28b dial with Titanium case. Do you find having a brown dial more limiting in matching your clothes... or it never is an issue vs black dial?

Thanks!

Richard-

How brown is the dial vs black? I like Titanium because the scratches hide better and lighter. I think I would like the 27 or 28b dial with Titanium case. Do you find having a brown dial more limiting in matching your clothes... or it never is an issue vs black dial?

Thanks!

Also, if you could, could you do a lume shot? I would like to know if I would "miss" the lume on the PR hand from the A series. I am very particular of LUME, so I am leaning toward b series, but I am not sure if I like the arrow or leaf more.

thanks

I once had a gen 057 watch in my hands and I found it awesome. Too bad it is not repped.

SS, THIS WILL INDEED BE REPPED BY DSN, IM DEBATING BETWEEN THE 57 OR 27B ANY THOUGHTS?

Great news indeed!

Just, I am unsure on what you mean with "debating between the 57 or 27B" (apologies, it's because of my poor English).

The 57 is like a 028B, but in Ti case and with a brown dial instead of black.

Great news indeed!

Just, I am unsure on what you mean with "debating between the 57 or 27B" (apologies, it's because of my poor English).

The 57 is like a 028B, but in Ti case and with a brown dial instead of black.

The reason I'm debating the 27 vs 57 and bot the 28 is because I didn't wanted a pvd case, so for me its a choice between black dial ss case or brown dial with Ti case

I want the ti case, but I'm a little worried that the brown dial would be less versatile.

Thoughts on brown dial versatilility?

A 57 would be great---it'd be a matter of painting a 28 dial brown and milling a Ti case for a 2892, right? Completely doable, but has someone reminded Davidsen to change the relevent caseback engravings? What a bummer it would be to have a good 57 with the same caseback as a 27 except the word "stainless steel" changed to "titanium."

Thoughts on brown dial versatilility?

Well, Ti case + brown dial absolutely require a swede brown strap.

And, personally, I think that a black dial w/ black strap is surely more versatile than a brown dial w/ swede brown strap.

Much less sexy too, though.

But why this problem? Do you really think you will stay with only one PAM once you will have one?

Well, Ti case + brown dial absolutely require a swede brown strap.

And, personally, I think that a black dial w/ black strap is surely more versatile than a brown dial w/ swede brown strap.

Much less sexy too, though.

But why this problem? Do you really think you will stay with only one PAM once you will have one?

Agreed a suede brown strap would be sweet. My intention was to have 1 Rad and 1 Lum. And since my Rad is 183H, I have a Black Sandwich Dial open case w/seconds at 9 manual wind, so a 27/57 would be a nice complement.

Agreed a suede brown strap would be sweet. My intention was to have 1 Rad and 1 Lum. And since my Rad is 183H, I have a Black Sandwich Dial open case w/seconds at 9 manual wind, so a 27/57 would be a nice complement.

My 240 franken looks beautiful on a well-worn patina Jules Verne. The 57 IMO would also look great on Europelli's tobacco ostrich. Bring it on DSN!