When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1575 to 1575 gmt

vlaletom

I have found a good thread where part where listed for a 1530 project here

In fredy333 topic about his 6542 project.

Just to be clear - my 6542 project is based on the 1030, not the 1530, which uses a different set of GMT-related parts.

As I have discovered, GMT conversion is not a simple process of swapping parts out (for starters, the 1030 was made with (at least) 3 different pillar plates). And, as I discovered, locating the missing GMT parts for these older movements (these parts are often not shared with other non-GMT watches of the same vintage, which leaves a very small gene pool from which to find spares) can be a frustrating experience with unavoidable dead ends & false starts. There are few shortcuts. You have to be VERY patient, aggressive & single-minded in your parts search.

thanks for the precision freddy

for sourcing the part.

if i am correct on my suposition i can get brand new 1570.8037 & 1570.8040 for low dollar

for the remaining ... i am not in a hurry, but i hope that part for the 1570 would be more wilddly available than for a 1030

but for now, i can't even confirm what is actually needed for such a project :g:

hey kent

Actually the canion pinion is one of the part i can get, but i would trade that pinion for shure if it could be usefull to you.

hoever i think you need the short no calendar cannon pinion for rolex 1530 7889 2.23mm, if judge by your post in the "tools & part".

The pinion i will have when i recive the 1575 will be for a "date" one.

Also when you say "i went the other way", do you mean you had a gmt 1575 ? and need a no date, no gmt, plain 1530/70

then you would have all the part i need, or we could just trade the movement + some $ :)