When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

One of a kind Mini Fiddy Stealth Homage

JohnG

Finished product looks like below, pretty good for a nights work at the kitchen bench.

The specs are (prepare for plenty of "black"):

Black PVD minifiddy case and PVD buckle

Black Sterile dial

Black hands including seconds hand

Black rubber strap

Flip CG to hide text

Grey lume. Filled the numbers from behind because its way easy and gives good results.

Under consideration:

Dark grey lume (worried it might be too hard to read at night). Maybe do only the numbers.

Better strap

Hope you like it.

MD

post-23360-125338239844_thumb.jpg

Finished product looks like below, pretty good for a nights work at the kitchen bench.

Very very nice - but we need MORE PICS. I would like to see more of this watch. And on the lume - I am unclear, is it actual grey LUME? If so, how did you do it, I am aware of one technique that involves mixing graphite powder into the lume, is this what you did?

Anyway, looks sweet, post more pics tomorrow.

I missed this thread first time around. Don't usually clickie on Panerai threads, but that is an amazing 'first'. Impressive. I probably like the watch more than most accurate vintage PAMS. No, all.

Thank you Dems, that means a lot to me.

I picked up the recipe for grey lume from repgeek, you are correct, graphite powder is the magic ingredient. In this instance I used graphite lube powder (from hardware store) and Glow int. V10 green. It final product is a dirty grey (see pic) and glows all night at 66%. I like the dirty grey because the texture matches the strap.

Possible improvements involve getting the lume darker, more graphite is ok but I reckon blacker graphite (carbon?) is the way forward.

I like you PVD movement and will be getting one for my next project.

I am not good at photos so these are the only good images I can get. Enjoy.

MD

post-23360-125342968186_thumb.jpg

post-23360-125343658484_thumb.jpg

post-23360-12534366007_thumb.jpg

post-23360-125343661831_thumb.jpg

I like you PVD movement and will be getting one for my next project.

I am not good at photos so these are the only good images I can get. Enjoy.

MD

Great, I like the rubber, and yes, I think the lume would look good a little darker - in the RG thread (Fleed's wasn't it?) he did some pretty dark lume, yes, try with actual powder, I am going to use a soft pencil to get the powder - that is pretty dark. Then I will do some experimenting before I actually lume to see how dark various proportions actually look before luming the dial....

Nice John. Real nice. I built some great sterile PAM's in the day as well. I miss them sometimes. A pleasure to shoot and look at for me, but sadly I neve wore them so they had to go. I could look at yours all day long. Maybe I'll clear my schedule and do that tomorrow...

Thanks! Look all you want! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...