When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angelus 240 on the bay

dalayclass

So how do you explain the gap between a SF240 without stem and this one??? Moreover, when you have a gen watch, you always can find a watchmaker to repair it or to re-create some parts... I agree with your theory but it doesn't work here according to me

A Key-wind Angelus is useless for a wristwatch really - and the parts are not interchangeable. Supply and demand: there aren't that many stem winds available and hence they are sought after...and thus the high price

this is not just a stem wind

This is a non alarm !

Allready mounted on a dial, and all the problem that may arise in doing such a project are allready cleared.

It is puiblicly exposed as a "angelus sf 240 for panerai" on the bay.

So it will not atract only watch geek, that know what to look for, but olso may rich panaresti kind of guy, that are just [censored] off they couldn't buy that 203 because they were to low on the waiting list at there AD.

Still crazy price, i was expecting around 3k

We can put it in perspective. No more than 300 or so of true non-alarm stem wound movements which were built in the mid-60's. The majority went to Panerai with a few to other "clocks". If you want to build a proper homage to a $100,000 watch you are willing to pony up $5,000 +. That is my bet. At least I hope so on behalf of the seller. It must have killed him to sell it. B)

i was told the seller is a rg menber.

Buyer dunno.

quite a crazy price imho. I was ready to pay a lot, but that was over my limit.

Of course somone that has the fund ready, may have an other apreciation, it is a very rare and nice movement, ready to use.

If it had the correct arm, spring for the rachet, and therefor was the exact movment used on vintage or 203, i would have been ready to pay those 5k