When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie Starter Collection

txcollector

I finally bought my first high quality reps!!!

Thanks to all the folks that contribute to forums like this. Without the help from you folks I would still be buying low quality reps whenever I get a chance to go to China.

After more then 1 year reading the excellent reviews of both replicas and dealers I took the plunge and bought a handful of replicas. I still have a long wishlist but that's what I can afford for now.

Watches now are at par with my other hobby: Photography. I've received the watches from two dealers last week and after "taking them out for a spin" I took the time to take a few snapshots. I hope you enjoy them.

PS: I will add a few comments about my impressions of the replicas and the experience with the dealers.

Rep 1: Hublot Big Bang Big Bang Rose Gold/Black Ceramic Bezel A7750 28800bph

I've bought this one from Tony at asian7750. It was one of his crazy sales and the discount was really worthy. He was a pleasure to deal with. Fast to respond and very accommodating. He took pictures of the actual watch before shipping per my request.

The HBB came very well packed. Spotless.

Top notch dealer. I'd do business with him again.

h19.jpg

This watch is gorgeous but I'm having sort of a hard time dressing up to wear it well. Maybe during my next business trip with a nice jacket.

h20.jpg

The AR is not perfect but it is very good. I'm not sure I would upgrade it for now.

h13a.jpg

I don't care much about the differences in the movement although I might get into mods later. The only thing that bothers me a little about this one (maybe it was just my batch) is the hands. I took some close ups and the hands seem a little rusty. When you compare with the Hublot web site the difference is huge. However, you can only see that detail with a lupe.

h21.jpg

Rep 2: Graham Oversize Diver Chronofighter Date

The next reps came from Josh. I know we pay a premium with PC but since it was my first deal I went with safety over deal (but I couldn't pass Tony's crazy deal on the HBB)

Josh is incredibly fast to answer emails. Very professional and fast to solve things. I've aksed for an extra strap for an Montblanc Timewalker and he sent it free of charge. I decided to add a 4th watch to my order after paying for the first order and he quickly modified the website to remove the shipping charges on the additional watch. Just like Tony, the watches were very well packed and spotless. No complaints and Josh really lived up to his reputation.

But we are here for the pics. Here's the Graham.

g1.jpg

This watch is incredible. It looks and feels like $1ks on my wrist. It is very heavy though. I can only wear it once in a while because my wrist gets a little sore if I have it on for too long. I love it though.

g8.jpg

By far the best AR in all the 5 reps I've got. I can't compare with Chieftang's work but if it's better then this, then I'm not sure what to say.

g10.jpg

The strap is very comfortable. Sometimes I shy away from some reps due to the strap, band, bracelet. While the faces seem very accurate, a cheap strap will destroy the rep.

g11.jpg

The lefty design for the chono is really interesting and the thumb pressing very natural. However setting up time and date is a little cumbersome.

g3.jpg

I just love this watch

Rep 3: Montblanc Timewalker

I'm really into dress watches. I dress for business more then casual (work, what can I do?). I can't pull of a Patek or Breget with my earnings. While they look good it's just not realistic. The MB is a classy watch that doesn't scream fake.

m2.jpg

The quality of this replica is incredible. I've tried this one at ADs many times and it feels and looks like the real thing.

m3.jpg

I don't mind the sunken DW on this one. Black on black, it's very hard to notice.

m6.jpg

m4.jpg

m8.jpg

m7.jpg

The only thing that bothers me with this one (and I couldn't quite notice with the gen) is the lack of AR. Some people told me this rep is perfect since the gen doesn't have a strong AR but still I'm considering sending this one to Chieftang.

Rep 4: RXW MM20

I know Panerais are king here. While I like them I'm not that crazy about them (I can almost hear the back-slashing starting. Wait until people here that I don't care at all for Rolexes :-) )

I thought the MM20 was a good way to start the Pam collection. Good entry price and apparently very good reviews.

r1.jpg

r3.jpg

This one was the hardest to photograph. While the lack of AR on the MB created a few difficulties, the purple tint on the AR is really hard to avoid. It somewhat gives a cheap look to an otherwise great watch.

r9b.jpg

r5.jpg

r4a.jpg

The strap is also a little stiff. Not sure if it's just the size or quality of the leather. I will definitely look for another strap for this one (if only to to able to get some variety).

r8.jpg

r6.jpg

I hope you enjoy my first photo post. It has been fun reading the forums, doing the research, taking the pictures and of course wearing and admiring my little collection.

I just hope I can work hard enough to earn enough to sustain this new hobby. Boy this will be expensive. :-)

Comments, complaints, all welcomed.

Welcome to the addiction!

I have a few comments/questions though. You say you don't like Panerai but you do like Marina Militare. Could you explain please? I'm interested in hearing your reasons.

The purple AR is typical (and expected) on genuine Panerai's. You shouldn't think of it as cheap looking.

My point was that although I'm fine with them, I'm not crazy about Panerai. I've seen people that have 5 or more different models, they only talk about them, lot's of work modifying them, etc. So the MM20 is my entry point. I've spent a lot more on the Graham and HBB. Panerai is a good brand but for me one of the many.

• 3 weeks later...

All I can say Is that "your off to a fantastic start", beautiful collection. I really like the panerai brand but I have never cared for Rolex. I know that they are a very well made watch just not my cup of Cappuccino ;) I think you have excellent taste In watches and you take very nice Pics, wear them well. :) Mike