When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Belt Buckle suggestions...

TeeJay

I had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction earlier when the buckle on my favorite belt decided to break where the tang attaches...

I got the belt last year on my birthday, in Spain, and worn it almost daily since. The leather is still in good condition, so I figure I'd rather put a new buckle on, rather than just get a new belt, and I wondered if anyone might be able to give me any suggestions on some good buckles? The plainer the better :)

Here's a photo of the belt and it's existing buckle to help with matching...

IMG_0611.jpg

I quite like this one:

lab-34-p1227-2T.gif

But wouldn't wear a buckle like these guys...

wolverine3.jpg?1223885882

bones.jpg

TIA, amigos :)

Thanks for the links :good: Bucklecity is a site I'd already had a look through today, but I hadn't seen Christian Oliver's site, and there are some really nice buckles on there, thanks indeed :drinks:

I like this one myself, too bad you're in the UK. :whistling:

belt_buckle.jpg

Yes, it does detach and is functional.

Oh man, what I'd give to have 2nd Amendment rights :lol:

On a more positive note, I've managed to fix up my belt... I found my 'formal black belt' in the closet, and realized that it the buckle was secured in the same way as on my brown belt (screw/rivet holding a fold of leather in place, which in turn, held the buckle in place) so a few seconds work with the screwdriver of my Swiss Army knife, a buckle transplant later, and the brown belt is back in use :) Okay, I don't really like this buckle with this belt, but, it'll suffice till I can get a replacement buckle, as I really like wearing the brown belt :) Birthday money well spent :good:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5418707&section_id=5403605

I got a fantastic buckle from her three years or so ago, and have worn nothing since, and get some nice comments (sometimes).

I don't see it on the site any more, but it's 2" x 3", with a layout of slightly rusty staples embedded in a dark red resin.

I'll try to take a photo later if I remember.

Reasonably cheap, too, although I did have to double the price with customs charges into the UK.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5418707&section_id=5403605

I got a fantastic buckle from her three years or so ago, and have worn nothing since, and get some nice comments (sometimes).

I don't see it on the site any more, but it's 2" x 3", with a layout of slightly rusty staples embedded in a dark red resin.

I'll try to take a photo later if I remember.

Reasonably cheap, too, although I did have to double the price with customs charges into the UK.

Not quite my taste, but from an artistic point of view, absolutely fantastic work :):good:

I got this one

little_joe_2_vollbild.jpg

My current buckle for jeans is made from a piston crown from my harley

The photo's not loading for me, but I like the sound of it :)