When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 063 or 029

Jimster

Well, I'm in the market for a Pam GMT and like the 029 & 063.

Which model is closest out of the box and what mods do I need to do to make it right?

My single experience with mods to a Pam is my Swiss 7753 188 from River. I added a Lello date wheel,a Palp Crown and double AR.

After reading various posts It seems there are lots of mods for either the 063 or the 029. Where do I buy and where do I start the mods?

Thanks,

Jim

While I love the 029 and find the tux dial to be my aesthetic preference between the two, I think the 063 is actually the better choice as the 029 bezel has the 24hr markers engraved just ever so slightly off from my understanding? I could very well be mistaken, but I seem to recall that being one of the issues with the 029 that is't easily fixed...

I have my 029B on my wrist today and that would be my choice... especially if you can find one with the 2893 movt. The tuxedo dial really is unique and so is the 24hr markers on the bezel. Caseback is also correct for the B series.

Typical mods would be lello datewheel, lumework, T-crown, chief cyclops and you are good to go.

Had the good fortune of all the planets being in line with the moon and stars and completed the project in about a month. Amazing luck actually....

Cheers

siesta

I prefer the 29 but I have to warn you of the following. If dings on the bezel drive you nuts do not buy a 29. The bezel (rep or gen) gets dinged up fairly easily and it is very difficult to repair given the brushing as well potentially taking a chunk out of an actual engraved number. Been there and done that with both rep and gen bezel and as a result my watch doesn't get much wrist time. On the 63 both dials have their own problems. Cartel dial has misaligned numbers and Davidsen has the weirdest sheen. And of course, the 63 rep usually comes with a B case back and wasn't made until the c series.

uhh seriously... the sweet and accurate 029s and 063s are loooonggg since discontinued!!

DSN no longer makes any and only caries the current models that the cartel etc carries... these models are beyond repair... I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news... you'll have to keep your eye out for an old school model... which will command huge coin. Last super rep 029 sold 5 times for 1600... and an 063 that new back in the day from EL sold for

395.. stock sold for $700... you might want to consider the ultimate 088 ;)

uhh seriously... the sweet and accurate 029s and 063s are loooonggg since discontinued!!

DSN no longer makes any and only caries the current models that the cartel etc carries... these models are beyond repair... I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news... you'll have to keep your eye out for an old school model... which will command huge coin. Last super rep 029 sold 5 times for 1600... and an 063 that new back in the day from EL sold for

395.. stock sold for $700... you might want to consider the ultimate 088 ;)

Whose Ultimate 88? Cartels? DSN?

I could kick myself for selling my super rep 29...killer movement and mods from Ziggy...sure do miss that piece!

Guest techlogik

Whose Ultimate 188? Cartels? DSN?

I could kick myself for selling my super rep 29...killer movement and mods from The Zigmeister...sure do miss that piece!

The 88 like in his sig I think he means.

You can't get 063/029 anymore from dealers. None have them.

Have to wait to find one for sale, or try to make one with parts you can scrounge somehow...but not likely.

The 88 like in his sig I think he means.

You can't get 063/029 anymore from dealers. None have them.

Have to wait to find one for sale, or try to make one with parts you can scrounge somehow...but not likely.

@techLOGIK

Um...yeah, i know u can't get the 63 or 29 anymore...but thanks for pointing that out...as you'll notice i had one years ago and sold it...hence my earlier posting...

And the 88 in his sig doesn't state if its from DSN or the cartels....am i missing something here? My vision is 20/20...are you seeing something I am not?

I am missing the logic of your post but thanks anyway

the 088 in my sig is a super franken based on the ultimate 088 I bought from jushua at perfect clones (one of the "Cartel")... that's the watch I recommend... $428 last time I checked... it's worth the extra $ because the crystal is fantastic and the date wheel is perfect...

the 088 in my sig is a super franken based on the ultimate 088 I bought from jushua at perfect clones (one of the "Cartel")... that's the watch I recommend... $428 last time I checked... it's worth the extra $ because the crystal is fantastic and the date wheel is perfect...

That is really a nice watch. How is the magnification on the cyclops close to gen and how about the font on the date wheel?

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks KBiz... Nice 88 you have!

Now, Back on Topic and sorry for getting this sidetracked....IMO...you will love both.

But if I could only have one, I would get my EL 29 back...I love the Tuxedo dial!

cheers

Guest techlogik

@techLOGIK

Um...yeah, i know u can't get the 63 or 29 anymore...but thanks for pointing that out...as you'll notice i had one years ago and sold it...hence my earlier posting...

And the 88 in his sig doesn't state if its from DSN or the cartels....am i missing something here? My vision is 20/20...are you seeing something I am not?

I am missing the logic of your post but thanks anyway

Wow...you have 686 posts and that is the response I get for trying to help out, when you don't know what you want or have a clue apparently...good luck on that.

Am I some kind of mind reader knowing every watch you own and read every post you have? What a douche..whatever...

Edited by techlogik