When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE V3 ~ Silver Dial

lanikai

Everyone is wondering ....

is the BCE V3 silver dial.. really silver or is it grey.. Correct on both counts..

Just before I went MIA during the month of July I missed posting any pics.. but pics don't lie .. in just the right lighting you can view the true colours of the rep..

br02pamcollectionbcesil.jpg

br02pamcollectionbcesili.jpg

br02pamcollectionbcesil.jpg

The concentric rings are a little more visible in the subs here..with ss ringsbordering the subs.

br02pamcollectionbcesiln.jpg

the concentric rings are silver (dial).. the matte rings in the dial are more pewter than grey

the sub dials are pewter with concentric rings ..I used very low lighting and shutter speed so the concentric rings are not as visible as when using studio lights.. no manipulation of this image.. so what you see is what you get..

hope that helps put to rest the question.. :)

A~C

Lani

Looks nice, Lani! I may pick this one up... But only with a trip to Chief for the Crystal...

:)

We were all smitten by the silver dial when the genuine was released.. but after awhile one BCE ... all BCE.. kinda repeats itself over and over..

yeah a chiefs upgrade would make this baby "POP".. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

A~C

Lani

comparing your pic to Lani's kind of makes it look like they did f@ck up the color of subdials..... :shock:

Sounds like you would be better off getting a gen dial if you are looking for perfection.

In case you did not know, the Gen dial is actually Rhodium. The reps are never going to be exact to this dial unless they use Rhodium or plating. Rhodium is the second most costly precious metal, second to Platinum. This one is usually discounted less by AD's as it was more $$$$.

The Rhodium actually make the dial look different colors under certain lights and viewing angles. I can get shade of blue through out the dial under florescent office lights. Outside it has a very nice starburst pattern with shades of red and orange going through it. Some thing I have never seen a rep dial do. The pic in the Chrono log makes the dial look silver, when it is really far from it.

yeah, i've read all about it while searching for pics of this wonderful dial....obviously it won't be a 1:1 replication when it comes to all those wonderful color patterns you are describing, however my main concern is the color of subdials which appear "light/bright metallic silver" on your pics whereas on lani's they are mostly "dark non-metalic grey"

I have to wait until this afternoon in Hawaii.. I don't have my studio lights with me .. the sun is just rising now.. and in the valley I'm in, it will be awhile before I get any good lighting..

much appreciated, brotha

61 views.. 4 replies..

sheesh.. you guys made so much "Noise" about the correct colour dial.. :clapping: .. what's up ??

I know....

janm207053192745.jpg

Monku...Monku.. Monku...

[censored].. [censored] .. [censored]... :whistling:

A~C

L

bahaha welcome to my world.

I've been shopping Breitling chronos (Window.. Shopping unfortunately), this one and the Skyland are front runners for my favorite. This piece exudes class.

It can never be right.

As Bike Mike said, this dial is very special, changes colour depending on the viewing angle/lighting. I checked one at AD, and there is no way they' ll get that changing colours repped right. Sometimes the dial will look blueish, like a MOP dial, sometimes it will look completely grey. It is special, you really need to see one at AD to understand as there is no way you can show this in pics.

I' d steer clear of it, and stick to other proven dials like the graphite or the black with white subs. Can' t go wrong with those.