When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

genuine watch sales on the board

shtslr1

dont want any Drama againso would like your thoughts on gen sales on the board, have 4-6 would like to offload, 300-1000, and yes i realize would have to guarantee authenticity, should i post or just ask the friends i met this week, what is the discount if no longer have the box, is ebay better? are there customs problems if the watches are real what sort of return policy is standard. can you lower RWG cut to 5%

thoughts please as dont want any controversy

also feel i said too much about myself in the past so no longer will answer any non watch specific questions

thanks in advance

also may wait till after my next trip so can bring home the good camera for better pics

genuines are sold here all the time.. we are not restricted to reps. only..

you can sell your watch without any donation going to the board.. imo .. it's just proper etiquette since your using the forum as a venue for selling.. but it's up to you..

you need to get vetted by the Admin team if your price is for a certain dollar amount $$$ .. just check with the Admin team before you proceed and it should be all good..

A~C

Lani

Customs may be an issue with regards to fees; if you're selling gens, you'll want to insure for the value of the watch. This means that you'll have to declare that value, and customs will leverage fees based on that figure.

In addition, declaring the value and/or content of the parcel may open up additional risk/liability; all it takes is for one unscroupulous individual in the chain of transit that decides taking the contents is worth the risk. So, be cognizant on how you fill out the customs form. Granted, insurance will cover the loss, but filling out forms, making claims etc. is a hassle.

With the gen raffle watches, shipping is always done tracked and customs value is full. This may add cost to the buyer but protects you and your reputation...just be clear any customs or additional costs are the buyer's problem. You can come up with some procedure for returning money based on authenticity only.

Because of authenticity issues, people will want pictures of enough details that they can ascertain authenticity. Your later pics with good light will be much better to use than the fuzzy out of focus ones.

Ideally people would want movement pictures but I think people should realize not everybody has the ability or comfort to open up their gens. IMHO the buyer should choose to proceed or not proceed based on their comfort level (i.e. if the seller can't provide the details the buyer wants like receipts or specific tricky pics or whatever, they don't have to buy...nobody's making them).

Personally, I would pursue private options first for larger items...less likely HASSLE from your end because you have history and experience with a potential buyer...but this may be of risk of getting a lower price than if you opened it up to the general population. It's an issue of hassle vs. money. I'm like you in that I've tonnes of crap away because I can't be bothered to make a couple bucks waiting for no-shows on a Craigslist or Kijiji listing...more hassle than the few dollars it generates. The risk on the private is that there's no public paper trail to use in case of issues on either the buyer or seller end.

Like Lani says...the board cut is a donation. If you find the board is helping you create space in the watch box, throw some money that way. If you find it a bit steep, just make sure whatever price you want to NET, incorporates any donations or other expenses you get annoyed by.

Good luck. I know I'll keep my eyes open.

For pricing...it's up to you and how badly you want to move product.

yes i agree, i dont the forms and insurance hassle on overseas losses so will restrict to CONUS, Fedex insures up to a $1000 without a declaration of what is inside--of course will make one exceotion for my friend in Scotland. I realize that better pictures are necessary so will wait till after my trip on the 26th to bring the good camera home. will have to draw the line on opening the case and showing movement, not prepared to play with that, so i think a 5 day from reciept money back guarantee less shipping should cover. but have a few friends here now and will shoot the pics have been using and forward to them first. Rollies, cartier, bvlgari, and patek, i get good value at trade in with my gen guy and he sources all gens from a cousin in UAE that has a fantastic discount so will start with NO-names gens . Invicta , f constant, grimaldi, and the like.

thanks so much for the input