When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone know a good source for PAM crystals?

Flashman

I have a 177H with sapphire and rep factory AR which really dominates the watch in reflection. I just received a cheapy 111H with mineral and no AR and it is soooo much more like the gen, clear and shows the dial much better.

Anyone know a source for cheap mineral crystals that will have the same very slightly domed profile as the gen?

Any help is appreciated.

maybe you should use the search button in this board to find out how to remove the rep AR from the sapphire.

And something else... ARE YOU SURE THAT YOUR CRYSTAL IS SAPPHIRE? Last time I checked, the PAM177 is available with synthetic crystel and AR on it. And with sapphire (without AR). And as I hope you know synthetic crystal is the same as mineral crystal. Just a marketing thing from the dealers like Andrew from Trustytime and other dealers...

I also got a version with mineral with rep ar. truely bluely ugly. I ordered the real sapphire afterwards instead, and got Jakub K222 AR on it which is really good alternative. plain crystal is ugly as well.

synthetic crystel and AR on it. And with sapphire (without AR)

hooky, in watches we have

plexy glass (heselite)

Mineral

Hardened mineral

Synthetic saphire

All saphire crystals are synthetic

what are you refering to above?

Andy, this topic has been discussed over and over again. Yes indeed, all sapphire is synthetic. But I have 2 points here: 1. when the Cartel dealers say 'synthetic sapphire', the are actually meaning/saying that it is just mineral glass. 2. as far as I know the pam177H sold with AR is the one with 'syntetic sapphire' (=mineral). the one sold at a higher price does not have AR and is sold as sapphire. And is sapphire. I have gottten both of these pam177H and my electrical diamond tester confirmed 'synthetic sapphire' to be mineral and confirmed 'sapphire' to be sapphire.

going to my main ponint: Flashman here says he has a pam177H with sapphire and AR. I think it is just mineral with AR. If he wants to change the crystal, he could contact one of the dealers. I got a sapphire from Andrew for around 40usd. after that it has been coated by Jakub K222 with AR.

Thanks for the replies. I will try sead and see if he has one. I bought the watch from the cartel and it was sold has having sapphire and AR. We all know how accurate their descriptions are ;0)

I will try the cape cod removal method but soucing a plain replacement glass would be simpler. When I removed it on my Blackbird it made the dial look grey, so not always the best solution.

Edited by Flashman